Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded TD4KP

Hi,

Nothing spectacular here but I wanted to make my TD4KP quieter while upgrading it for my playing preferences at the same time.

I added a CY12RC which is plugged into the crash 2 cable so it's 2 zone, and used the Tom 2 cable to make a single zone right hand crash. I exclusively use VST when playing so I remapped the midi output on the module for tom 2 to make things easy.

I got some beaten up 10" and 8" toms. I cut the 10" as small as possible, used a 3 ply mesh and made it the snare.

I cut the 8" tom into 2 pieces and used some single ply mesh for the toms. Mounting onto a TD4KP rack is a little awkward as it's 1" so a lot of common rack accessories don't fit. I used some cheap 1" gun scope mounts and hardwood for mounting.

I added a triggera krigg bass drum trigger for quietness, and I also used triggera drum triggers for the drums. Sticker bombing was surprisingly fun

I am pleased with it over all, I find myself missing a second crash a lot more than a 3rd tom with the music I play. I used a drum splitter off the snare for a while but then I also missed rim triggering on the snare. I think this is the best combination for me.
    Last edited by FraserP; 05-17-18, 05:39 AM.
Working...
X