Hyperhat help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperhat help

I'm completely new to Edrums. I've had my setup for about 2 weeks. My HH controller is a Pintech Hyperhat. It works, in that I get open, closed, and chick sounds, but nothing in between open and closed. Being a tinkerer, I decided to open it up and see what's inside. It looks like it's a slide potentiometer, so in theory, I believe I should get more than just open and closed sounds. However, it may have something to do with my module. I'm running everything to an old Yamaha DTXtreme. DTXtreme 1, not II or III. I don't know if it's capable of giving me more than open or closed hats. Can anyone educate me on this please? Is there any way for me to get an in between sound? I've been thinking about doing some kind of DIY project, because I'd like to use my regular HH stand, with some other HH pad. But if my DTXtreme isn't capable, I may have to go another route. Thanks.

IMG_8892.JPGIMG_0236.JPGIMG_9723.JPGIMG_9807.JPGIMG_0724.JPG
    Attached Files
    Yamaha DTXtreme module, Pintech AX14S snare, Pintech Tour Elite Concertcast toms, Pintech SE-102 pads, Pintech TC16 cymbals, Pintech Hyperhat, Pintech CKV kick trigger, Pearl Demon Drive double pedals, Gibraltar rack

The DTX can give a range of sounds, closed to open and splashes etc, but they work best with Yamaha hat controllers. Get an HH65 - they're cheap enough on your local eBay. (don't know where you are)
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
      The DTX can give a range of sounds, closed to open and splashes etc, but they work best with Yamaha hat controllers. Get an HH65 - they're cheap enough on your local eBay. (don't know where you are)

Yeah, I've been kinda leaning that way too. Looking at the different Yamaha cymbals on Ebay. I'm in AZ. Thanks for the tip.
      Yamaha DTXtreme module, Pintech AX14S snare, Pintech Tour Elite Concertcast toms, Pintech SE-102 pads, Pintech TC16 cymbals, Pintech Hyperhat, Pintech CKV kick trigger, Pearl Demon Drive double pedals, Gibraltar rack

Comment

Cool..... AZ?
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by Powertrip240 View Post
            Arizona
            Ah. Trumpland.

Comment

Yes, the US of T!!

Comment

UPDATE: After messing around with my Hyperhat a little more, I was able to get an occasional HH splash sound. It was difficult to get any kind of consistency though. So I began making very slight adjustments to the knob, and was able to get a little more consistency. I was also able to get a half open sound, but it's a very small window, and is hard to find while actually playing. I want to play with it a little more, making some more fine adjustments, to see if I can find the sweet spot. But now knowing that it is possible to get the splash, and the half open sound, I may take the switch box off of the Hyperhat pedal and do a DIY project to mount it on to my regular HH stand. I'll update as I go.....

Comment

Working...
                X