Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY ATV type 3 cone/piezo side mount for snare?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY ATV type 3 cone/piezo side mount for snare?

Has anyone tried to make a 3 cone side mount snare similar to the ATV snare? Iím looking to make a side mount trigger system for my snare for my mimic pro. Of course I know I donít need positional sensing but the ATV just seems like it would have the best overall triggering with no hotspots.

Here's one: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...-trigger-setup
    Pearl MIMIC Pro, Sonor A2E Conversion, ATV Cymbals and Snare

Comment

Thanks Molson thatís what I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Angeltech View Post
        Has anyone tried to make a 3 cone side mount snare similar to the ATV snare? Iím looking to make a side mount trigger system for my snare for my mimic pro. Of course I know I donít need positional sensing but the ATV just seems like it would have the best overall triggering with no hotspots.
        hi
        I tried it every which way I could think of. 3 x 20mm piezos, 3 x 27mm piezos. Tried reversing the polarity of each against the others, but I just never got a completely satisfactory result.

I ended up just using one 27mm just inside the edge at the 6 o'clock position and it triggers great now.

cheers

Stu
        Mimic Pro, diy converted PDP maple 6 piece kit, home made Stave snares, ATV, Roland and Yamaha cymbals and 3 x BT1 bar triggers, DW9000 hat stand, DW5000 double pedal, gibraltar hardware. Mapex converted compact practice kit.

Comment

Hi Studowie, thanks for the input itís definitely appreciated. Just curious but how did you attach your trigger? Did you make the bracket yourself or did you buy it, and what type of bracket? Also, what type of shape foam did you use? Thanks for any additional help.

Comment

Originally posted by Angeltech View Post
            Hi Studowie, thanks for the input itís definitely appreciated. Just curious but how did you attach your trigger? Did you make the bracket yourself or did you buy it, and what type of bracket? Also, what type of shape foam did you use? Thanks for any additional help.
            hi
            I make my own supports out of spare radiator brackets I've collected over the years ( was a central heating installer when I was working ). As I am in the UK it's costly to get cones so I make my own . In fact I make my own stave snares also. The only bits I buy are the hoops and lugs.

On the snare that I tried using 3 head piezos I got some sheet aluminium and cut a circle out and angle bracketed it to the lug screws but now that I've settled on using one head piezo I'm just using a crossbar with head piezo just in from the edge at the 6 o clock position and the rim piezo in the centre.

All the best

Stu
            Mimic Pro, diy converted PDP maple 6 piece kit, home made Stave snares, ATV, Roland and Yamaha cymbals and 3 x BT1 bar triggers, DW9000 hat stand, DW5000 double pedal, gibraltar hardware. Mapex converted compact practice kit.

Comment

Working...
            X