A2E conversion for a church

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2E conversion for a church

My church is looking to convert our acoustic kit to an electric and finally ditch that hideous plexi glass cage. So far I'm looking at Drum-Tec "real feel" mesh heads, a Pearl Mimic Pro module and Roland CY electronic cymbals.

The main thing I'm wondering about at this point is triggers. I know of the Roland and ddrum units. I've also read about internal crossbar triggers and Triggera stuff. I'd like something that has good reliable triggering, but doesn't involve too much drilling into the drum shells.

2 words... well, maybe hyphenated...

Drum-Tec

love mine. Worthwhile investment for quality, reliable triggers. Zero problems and awesome response.

Edit add: Pointing to wrong company for triggers... see below
    Last edited by Macarina; 03-16-18, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Since we have members from all over the world it helps if you mention at least what country you are in. That helps people with recommendations .... J
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
        Since we have members from all over the world it helps if you mention at least what country you are in. That helps people with recommendations .... J
        Ah, good point. I'm in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Macarina View Post
          2 words... well, maybe hyphenated...

Drum-tec

love mine. Worthwhile investment for quality, reliable triggers. Zero problems and awesome response.
          I see a few different brands listed on the site, which ones did you get? ddt? tdrum?

Comment

OHMYGAWD... So sorry... I misspoke about the info. My apologies for any confusion...

I used Drum-tec for the Mesh Heads. I got the 2 ply Design series.

drum-tec.jpg

I purchased my Triggers from R-Drum and got the RTB bars for the toms and Kick. And the RTS II for the snare.

image.png

Details here

Opinion didn't change. Love the triggers.
            Last edited by Macarina; 03-16-18, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingrazor View Post
              My church is looking to convert our acoustic kit to an electric and finally ditch that hideous plexi glass cage. So far I'm looking at Drum-Tec "real feel" mesh heads, a Pearl Mimic Pro module and Roland CY electronic cymbals.

The main thing I'm wondering about at this point is triggers. I know of the Roland and ddrum units. I've also read about internal crossbar triggers and Triggera stuff. I'd like something that has good reliable triggering, but doesn't involve too much drilling into the drum shells.
              love the drum-tec real feel heads, most trigger setups mount on the drum lug screws. the only drilling you may need to do is for the output jack. i removed the vent hole grommet and had to drill the hole a bit bigger to fit the jack. Jman offers tried and trued internal side mount triggers which works great for the mimic pro with great customer service
              http://stealthdrums.com/
              Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

I used Jobeky drums side triggers and their 3 ply mesh heads for mine. The heads feel great and triggering is accurate. No drilling required either, just unscrew a lug screw and slip the trigger in through the gap on the inside of the shell.

Comment

Working...
                X