diy cable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diy cable

Does anyone have a plan for a DIY cable that would allow one to connect a stndard 2 cable ride cymbal into a single cable ride port (like a yamaha dtx series or my specific use a pearl mimic with split 2 wire ride turned on?)

I have spent some time hunting around and one guy posted that he had one (youtube video) but it just shows a picture of it working, but no information on what to put together.)
    Mimic+DDTI, ATV aDrums (3 up, 2 down, 3x16" Crash, 1x18" Ride, 1x10" Splash, 1x12" Splash, 1x17" China, 1x14" Hat), Dual CowPaddy, 2xBT1, SPD-SX, Trick Pro1V2 Pedals/Hihat

Do you mean a Roland 3zone cymbal to a Yamaha module y-cable? This should be the one if it's the case.
    Roland TD-12 module, DIY DareStone CLDRUMWH A2E drum conversion, DIY rack using Dixon clamps, Pearl P-932 double pedal.

Comment

Yeah that's what i was looking for, but at present the image link doesn't work anymore. That's the video I saw, but I need the diagram. I should be able to use both ride ports on my mimic with 3 zones with that. Anyone have the diagram still? And the user that posted that has been inactive since July of 2016.

NM I have the image now. Going to have to test that out and see if it works properly with a Mimic and a standard 3 zone piezo switch switch cymbal.
      Last edited by Thecklos; 03-11-18, 08:38 PM. Reason: Nevermind (image worked but failed repeatedly for some reason)
      Mimic+DDTI, ATV aDrums (3 up, 2 down, 3x16" Crash, 1x18" Ride, 1x10" Splash, 1x12" Splash, 1x17" China, 1x14" Hat), Dual CowPaddy, 2xBT1, SPD-SX, Trick Pro1V2 Pedals/Hihat

Comment

Originally posted by Thecklos View Post
        Yeah that's what i was looking for, but at present the image link doesn't work anymore. That's the video I saw, but I need the diagram. I should be able to use both ride ports on my mimic with 3 zones with that. Anyone have the diagram still? And the user that posted that has been inactive since July of 2016.

NM I have the image now. Going to have to test that out and see if it works properly with a Mimic and a standard 3 zone piezo switch switch cymbal.
        I'm not sure if you have plans for all the inputs of the Mimic including the 5 Aux. inputs..... but just in case you didn't know with the latest Mimic update you can assign more than one 2 jack 3 zone cymbal to the Mimic module. IE you could assign one to the Ride 1/2 inputs and another to a couple Aux. inputs.
        I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Yeah that's what i was looking for, but at present the image link doesn't work anymore.
          Weird, it works for me:

Roland TD-12 module, DIY DareStone CLDRUMWH A2E drum conversion, DIY rack using Dixon clamps, Pearl P-932 double pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post

I'm not sure if you have plans for all the inputs of the Mimic including the 5 Aux. inputs..... but just in case you didn't know with the latest Mimic update you can assign more than one 2 jack 3 zone cymbal to the Mimic module. IE you could assign one to the Ride 1/2 inputs and another to a couple Aux. inputs.
            3 16"s, 1 18", and 1 17" all 3 zone atv .. Along with 3 up 2 down, and a double cow paddy. If I can get the China and ride on the 2 ride ports, then I can at least wire 2 of the 16s for 3 zone The cowpaddy and 5th tom will be on a DDTI.

So with the adaptors I end up with 1 free aux rather than running out 2 16s on crash inputs with 2 aux ports eaten, 1 16 on 2 aux ports, and both 17 and 18 on the ride ports.

The DDTI may negate that somewhat if I can put am entire 3 zone cymbal on it.
            Last edited by Thecklos; 03-12-18, 04:53 AM. Reason: Added some clarification

Comment

3 16"s, 1 18", and 1 17" all 3 zone atv .. Along with 3 up 2 down, and a double cow paddy. If I can get the China and ride on the 2 ride ports, then I can at least wire 2 of the 16s for 3 zone The cowpaddy and 5th tom will be on a DDTI.

So with the adaptors I end up with 1 free aux rather than running out 2 16s on crash inputs with 2 aux ports eaten, 1 16 on 2 aux ports, and both 17 and 18 on the ride ports.

The DDTI may negate that somewhat if I can put am entire 3 zone cymbal on it.
              Just so you know, the only 3 zone cymbal sounds in the Mimic are Ride cymbals. So for me 3 zone crashes with the Mimic, at least at present is not something I would really need. I've had 3 zones on all my cymbals with the 2Box for years, and with the exception of a novelty bell hit once in a while on a 3 zone crash ...... 2 zone crashes is all I normally use anyway ..... Of course individual preference is a key factor. J
              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Yeah I know, I am hoping that they change that or when they have the editor out I'll load some other cymbal sounds. Mostly trying to see if it's doable at all just to do it . I am not worried about inputs to much now, but that may well change later.

Comment

Working...
                X