Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Positional Sensing Diy Snare Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Positional Sensing Diy Snare Problem

    image_32141.jpgimage_32142.jpg I have a Diy 12 inch Snare Drum and a Diy mesh head. I cant get the positional sensing to work. I tried different head tensions and i also tried to tweak my module. I still can't get it.

    here are the pics of my A2E snare comversion.
    Last edited by johngovan; 02-18-18, 08:30 AM.
    Roland TD-10, DIY EDrums

  • #2
    Try to switch the polarity on the piezo cables...PS is dependent on that the first half wave coming in from the piezo is positive!

    Best regards

    Anders / www.zourman.com / Roland hi-hat & three zone ride conversion modules for 2box
    Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

    Comment


    • #3
      What head are you using? Some just donít work. When you go to the settings do you see the ps bar move at all?
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by angr77 View Post
        Try to switch the polarity on the piezo cables...PS is dependent on that the first half wave coming in from the piezo is positive!

        Best regards

        Anders / www.zourman.com / Roland hi-hat & three zone ride conversion modules for 2box

        thank you for your response. I'll try to reverse the polarity of rim piezo.
        Roland TD-10, DIY EDrums

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by angr77 View Post
          Try to switch the polarity on the piezo cables...PS is dependent on that the first half wave coming in from the piezo is positive!

          Best regards

          Anders / www.zourman.com / Roland hi-hat & three zone ride conversion modules for 2box
          I see the arrow moves only if i hit the bearing edge of the drums. But it is only by chance.
          Roland TD-10, DIY EDrums

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by johngovan View Post


            thank you for your response. I'll try to reverse the polarity of rim piezo.
            I would think it is the polarity of the piezo under the cone that is of concern with regard to the waveform used for PS, not the rim piezo. Am I wrong? If I were troubleshooting it, I would just disconnect the rim piezo completely (for now) and focus on getting the cone piezo working with PS. But that is just me......
            Last edited by Fugazy; 02-19-18, 02:20 PM.
            Mapex M-Series 6 pc. kit, Megadrum-56PS, RME Babyface Pro, DIY super-strut cross bars, Quartz piezos & cones, DIY rim silencers, 682drums black mesh heads, Pearl MFH reso heads, Roland VH-11, FD-9, 1xYamaha PCY-135, 4xPCY-155, Lenovo W541 laptop with win10 & Addictive Drums 2, Simmons DA-200S drum amp.

            Comment


            • #7
              Also, check that the piezo is no more than 2mm or so above the bearing edge before putting the head on (use a known straight edge to do this). And ensure that the head is tight, but not too tight. Try various degrees of head tightness and see if there is a change.
              Mapex M-Series 6 pc. kit, Megadrum-56PS, RME Babyface Pro, DIY super-strut cross bars, Quartz piezos & cones, DIY rim silencers, 682drums black mesh heads, Pearl MFH reso heads, Roland VH-11, FD-9, 1xYamaha PCY-135, 4xPCY-155, Lenovo W541 laptop with win10 & Addictive Drums 2, Simmons DA-200S drum amp.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Fugazy View Post

                I would think it is the polarity of the piezo under the cone that is of concern with regard to the waveform used for PS, not the rim piezo. Am I wrong? If I were troubleshooting it, I would just disconnect the rim piezo completely (for now) and focus on getting the cone piezo working with PS. But that is just me......

                Yepp...the Rim has absolutely nothing to do with the snares positional sensing. We are talking about the head piezo and the polarity.

                Best regards

                anders / www.zourman.com /
                Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Fugazy View Post

                  I would think it is the polarity of the piezo under the cone that is of concern with regard to the waveform used for PS, not the rim piezo. Am I wrong? If I were troubleshooting it, I would just disconnect the rim piezo completely (for now) and focus on getting the cone piezo working with PS. But that is just me......
                  Thank you so much for your response. I'll try your suggestions and post a feedback later if my PS works. I hope i will get it working soon.
                  Roland TD-10, DIY EDrums

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You are all right. I switched the polarity of the head piezo and to my surprise the PS works. Love it. Thank you.
                    Roland TD-10, DIY EDrums

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It is possible that also the rim's piezo has inverted connections. Piezos can comes with inconsistent polarities, but normally the positive is on ceramic (red) and the ground on the brass (black).
                      From your photos it seems that, if you followed the red/black convetion, both was inverted.
                      Roland TD-12 module, MegaDrum Trigger module, DIY DareStone CLDRUMWH A2E drum conversion, DIY rack using Dixon clamps, Pearl P-932 double pedal, DIY A2E Chang dual zone cymbals.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by redtide View Post
                        It is possible that also the rim's piezo has inverted connections. Piezos can comes with inconsistent polarities, but normally the positive is on ceramic (red) and the ground on the brass (black).
                        From your photos it seems that, if you followed the red/black convetion, both was inverted.
                        The downside of the td 10 is the rimshot/cross stick function which is only set in treshold.

                        i also need to isolate the head trigger more so that when i do cross stick, the head would not interfere the snare but one of the post here in this forum say that it should not be totally isolated because roland need the crosstalk between to piezo. I am really confused.
                        Roland TD-10, DIY EDrums

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by johngovan View Post
                          You are all right. I switched the polarity of the head piezo and to my surprise the PS works. Love it. Thank you.
                          cool!

                          Best regards

                          Anders / www.Zourman.com


                          Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have had the same issue with my diy snare if I switch the polarity on the piezo the center hit triggers like an edge snare hit and messes up superior drummer 3 any sugestions?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 419express View Post
                              I have had the same issue with my diy snare if I switch the polarity on the piezo the center hit triggers like an edge snare hit and messes up superior drummer 3 any sugestions?
                              Is that a dual zone snare? What is your module?
                              Roland TD-10, DIY EDrums

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X