No announcement yet.

no hotspotting with this trigger setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do believe this setup would work with Roland. Here is a demo with Mike using Adrums on a TD-50 and positional sensing works fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJrM53LxErc

That would be great if it does work.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
      . . . . Drumtec and others from Europe will probably make new trigger system with 3 cone side.
      Has anyone heard anything on this redesign? On a side note, how prevalent is the hotspot issue with DrumTec and the Pearl Mimic Pro?

Comment

Originally posted by EssKayKay View Post

Has anyone heard anything on this redesign? On a side note, how prevalent is the hotspot issue with DrumTec and the Pearl Mimic Pro?
        I would order padtech, no hotspot if you can't do DIY, easy install on acoustic side.
        Last edited by Chris K; 10-24-18, 02:42 PM.

Comment

I've been considering purchase of a Drum-Tec Pro or ATV aDrum kit -- I prefer the look of the Drum-Tec. However, (if I understand this correctly) there may be a hotspot issue with the Drum-Tec's center mounted cone design which I believe is not the case with ATV. I will be running this with a Pearl Mimic Pro. Can anyone shed some light (or should I say sound) on this setup?

Comment

Atv for no hotspot on toms\ snare and have better dynamic. Drumtech will have hotspot.

But using pad tech you could use any acoustic drum from your choice for the look\lugs, there is plenty under 1300 7 pieces and add Padtech, and could cost a bit less with more pieces

Not hotspot easy install remove head and install.

Acoustic drum
            https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...indigo-sparkle

Pad Tech
            http://www.padtech.hu/en/trigger/36-tr-d-trigger
            Last edited by Chris K; 10-24-18, 03:29 PM.

Comment

So what's the acoustic sound from a PadTech setup? Noise is a BIG issue in my house. Currently I have all Roland equipment which works fine - no complaints.

Comment

So what's the acoustic sound from a PadTech setup? Noise is a BIG issue in my house.
                nothing different, use mesh head, instead of real head, several people use it with mimic and have great result, you will only need to add\buy rim protector on rims.

Last edited by Chris K; 10-24-18, 04:16 PM.

Comment

OKAY - thanks Chris. That's good news and sounds promising. I most certainly will consider this.

Comment

Did anyone do the same DIY project? Any other experience?
                    I'm currently doing it and I'll post soon few pictures.

Comment

OKAY - thanks Chris. That's good news and sounds promising. I most certainly will consider this.
                      If I may, Padtech trigger is nothing more than a fancy side mounted trigger. I received the 14" today, and there is an hotspot right on the side, where the piezzo is. Furthermore, the dynamic is not that great and you will not have a balanced strength curve as with a center trigger.

It is indeed very convenient, no modification at all of the shell and quick setup, but not as good as a center trigger from my opinion.

In term of feeling, it behaves exactly as a PDX-8 pad.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumatiC View Post

If I may, Padtech trigger is nothing more than a fancy side mounted trigger. I received the 14" today, and there is an hotspot right on the side, where the piezzo is. Furthermore, the dynamic is not that great and you will not have a balanced strength curve as with a center trigger.

It is indeed very convenient, no modification at all of the shell and quick setup, but not as good as a center trigger from my opinion.
                        That feedback is EXACTLY what I expected all along, and why I have not pulled the "trigger"... no pun intended... well, maybe a little.
                        Alan
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

WOW Thank you for your input - much appreciated.

Comment

Which module and how you configured? I know many can't use center cone trigger as well for dynamic and hot spot.

Td17 new snare side trigger should be useless, did not saw this reports yet.
                            Last edited by Chris K; 01-22-19, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Looks almost like the roland digital snare multi_element_sensor_technology_hero.jpg

Comment

my diy kit has UFO E-bar triggers. one of the reasons i went with them is the cone trigger can slide across the bar such as side trigger or center and anywhere in between.
                                i set all my tom triggers on center but the snare towards the side as i have a habit of striking the snare on dead center which creates host spot.
                                no drilling required as they mount on the lug screws inside the shell and is fully adjustable. they trigger nice!
                                the E-bar for the kick has a foam beater pad much like the roland kd120-140. they are also adjustable height wise as well as sideways on the E-bar.
                                Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Working...
                                X