Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no hotspotting with this trigger setup

I modified the triggers of my snare.
    Keep the center trigger for compatibilty and add new triggers in a circle.
    Mounted a second TRS output, so I can change the triggers by changing the plug.
    If I like to use the snare on my TD4, it still works with the "old" trigger.
    Here pictures of wireing and the trigger.

At the ATV module I changed the snare to ATV
    run the trigger setup wizzard.
    Result no hotspot on the snare head, even when hitting one of the triggers directly.
    Rim shot and side stick triggering 100%
    ATV aD5 Module, A to E converted shells, Yamaha PCY135 & GoEdrum hihat, CY15R ride, 2 Millenium Chrashes

Very cool. Have you tried any 2ply or 3ply heads? I'm curious as another forum member has multiple cones but had difficulty with multi ply heads.
    Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded, SD3, Presonus Quantum 2

Comment

I love your set up. I was thinking of doing this myself as well in order to use a single snare and swap it between the ATV and TD30 for superior drummer triggering and using positional sensing. Do you know whether positional sensing is affected by the presence of the three sidemounted triggers when you are utilizing just the center trigger TRS Jack?
      Last edited by jpsquared482; 10-11-17, 08:29 AM.
      ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

@ Molson: I never tried other meshheads so far. Maybe I will try later.

@ Jpsquared: Thank you. My second module is a TD4 and doesn't have positional Sensing.
        Physically there might be an impact. The trigger cones on the ring will dampening a little the 'waves' moving
        in the mesh.
        ATV aD5 Module, A to E converted shells, Yamaha PCY135 & GoEdrum hihat, CY15R ride, 2 Millenium Chrashes

Comment

cool snare.. so, what happens if you put the 3 triggers in a roland module ?
          to me it would look better with at least 2 ply or 3 ply .. not 'see through' ..just personal taste ..
          | Diy Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Thank you
            I just ordered Roland powerplys to check

Comment

from the wired diagram, i see only 2 piezos for roland, but in the photo there are more than 2 piezo, how many piezo total ? thanks.

Comment

Hello Tivi,
                for Roland one trigger cone as center head, next to it the rim trigger on the same bar.

for,the ATV mode 3 head trigger and one rim trigger, all on the metal ring.

in total 6 triggers, but not used at the same time.

I din't yet tried the ring triggers on a roland module.

Comment

In Roland mode the ceramics(center) of the rim piezo must go to the sleeve, not the brass(ring), Other then that - thanks for sharing, I will be doing something similar very soon .. I believe though it would work perfectly with the 3 piezos on any Roland module if you are not after positional sensing, am I wrong (did you tested) ?
                  ATV aD5, (Roland TD-15 for sale!)
                  TAMA MetroJam2 TRB A2E

Comment

Pumpal it should works since atv works on Roland, and BTW, the rimriser works as independent cross stick without issue with mimic, using spring with washer on the rims holes.

Drumtec and others from Europe will probably make new trigger system with 3 cone side.
                    Last edited by Chris K; 10-15-17, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Hello pumpal,

please look at the colours, rather then ceramic or brass.

These trigger cme alraedy equipped with the cne, and you can't see where the cable is connected.

For that these triggers come pre measured. The negative cable is marked with a white ring.
                      in my case the red cables are negative.

And you're right, I didn't use positional sensing

Comment

Originally posted by eDrumMatt View Post
                        Hello pumpal,

please look at the colours, rather then ceramic or brass.
                        I am looking at your schematic drawing, not the actual photos. I admit I didn't look carefully enough. You show them wired opposite to each other, as they should, but the negative of the head should go to the tip, and positive of the rim should go to the ring. You have them drown the other way around. Please correct me if I am wrong - that's my understanding from the schematics I have found in Internet.
                        Last edited by pumpal; 10-16-17, 04:09 PM.
                        ATV aD5, (Roland TD-15 for sale!)
                        TAMA MetroJam2 TRB A2E

Comment

Originally posted by pumpal View Post
                          I am looking at your schematic drawing, not the actual photos. I admit I didn't look carefully enough. You show them wired opposite to each other, as they should, but the negative of the head should go to the tip, and positive of the rim should go to the ring. You have them drown the other way around. Please correct me if I am wrong - that's my understanding from the schematics I have found in Internet.
                          This doesn't really apply to the OP since he is not concerned with Positional Sensing (Roland style). But .....
                          If I can just throw an additional wrench into the mix. Piezos do not all have the same Polarity ..... trust me on that ...... while wiring head piezos with ceramic to sleeve and brass to tip for years while using the same batch of piezos ...... Positional sensing always worked as expected ...... years down the road after ordering a new batch of piezos I ended up having to reverse that: Ceramic to Tip and Brass to sleeve. Polarity was reversed on the new batch of piezos. So, ever since I am sure to build everything with quick connects that can be reversed.
                          I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Nice work and very cool
                            is there a reason you did not mount to the lugs no judgement just courious
                            and how are you liking the feel
                            i am working on doing the the same setup for my snairs

Comment

Hi eDrumMatt , How's this setup working out for you? Any feedback appreciated...
                              ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Working...
                              X