Pearl Decade A to E conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Decade A to E conversion

i just put together a 7 piece pearl decade A to E kit with 2 Ddrum deccabans for the mimic pro when it arrives.
    i used UFO drums X bar triggers. the nice thing is that you can move the cone trigger in the x bar off to the side or in the middle to rid of hot spots if needed. the kick drum x bar has a fully adjustable foam pillow where the beaters hit.
    for the deccabans, i will use side triggers by UFO drums.
    for heads i installed drum tec real feel 3 ply heads and like the feel of them.
    for the toms and snare i used pearl single ply mesh on the bottoms and a pearl logo black Mylar on the resonant side of the bass drum.
    i have nothing else inside the bass drum and surprisingly, it is silent on the resonant side!
    to finish it off, i used UFO drums rim condoms and are of great quality!
    so far i have no way of knowing how well it triggers as i have no module! sold my Roland td30 and tdw20 to finance this project and the mimic pro.
    i will post more info once i get the mimic pro.

Dont mind the mess, i am still trying to get settled in my new house.

BTW the drum sizes:
    16 x20" kick
    7x8" tom
    7x10 tom
    8x12" tom
    2 14x14 floor toms
    5 1/2 x 14 snare
    10x 6" deccaban
    12x6" deccaban
    Last edited by jammin777; 06-18-17, 11:05 PM.
    Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500,
    BBE Sonic Maximizer, Promark

Nice! and everything just the right sizes.. (for the cymbals i mean..)

Comment

Very nice! I have a very similar configuration with Drumtec heads, similar trigger setup and some Kit Toys cymbals in the mix. Also awaiting the Mimic Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by KatDad View Post
        Very nice! I have a very similar configuration with Drumtec heads, similar trigger setup and some Kit Toys cymbals in the mix. Also awaiting the Mimic Pro.
        cool, i find it interesting that some are putting together a A to E kit for the mimic other than me which is great! post some pics of your kit
        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500,

Comment

Beautiful set! I really dig the trigger design
          All vintage gear at the moment - Roland PM-16, electronified Remo practice pads and a TD-5 bringing up the rear.

Starting to build the super ultimate mega dream electronic drum set!!!

Comment

Great project you've got going there. Beautiful finish on the shells.

excuse my ignorance... "drum rim condoms"?

Comment

thanks guys
              , this has been my dream setup for years! i probably would not of done this if it wasn't for the mimic pro. drumming has been my life for most of it but haven't played much in the past few years because i lost the inspiration and was not happy with the sounds from the previous modules i owned. i wanted realistic sounds that i had in my head that i simply could not achieve.
              but that's just me, i am picky.
              then i longed to switch back to acoustics but no way that would happen with the shear volume. i believe the mimic pro will save my drumming life and deliver what I've been craving.

rim condoms = rim silencer / stick protector.

BTW, i did play these drums for a few minutes before i converted them and these decade maples sound great! even with the stock remo heads and felt great to strike acoustic drums for the first time in 18 years! nothing feels better than beating Mylar heads.
              Last edited by jammin777; 06-19-17, 10:29 PM.

Comment

That's a mighty fine looking set you have there.
                Brain: mega drum. 5 toms: DIY mesh head, side-mounted DIY triggers. Snare: 14" 682 head, DIY crossbar trigger. 2xDIY beaterless BD pedal. .Cymbals: Crash: 2x 16" brass: 2 zone. Ride: 20" brass: 2 zone. Hi-Hat: 14" 1 zone DIY Control pedal + Pearl H900 stand. + drum rack:

Comment

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post

cool, i find it interesting that some are putting together a A to E kit for the mimic other than me which is great! post some pics of your kit
                  I have some pictures in a DIY thread I started a while back. https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...ject-has-begun

Comment

Working...
                  X