Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stopping DIY e-cymbal spinning - intentional keyholing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping DIY e-cymbal spinning - intentional keyholing?

I'm gradually accumulating the things I need to undertake my A2E conversion, including Pintech practice cymbals which I'm hoping to convert. My A-cymbals spin like crazy due to angular striking technique, and I'm wondering about the best way of stopping my e-cymbals spinning. Aquarian cymbal springs seem like an OK idea but cost is significant, it's hard to figure out which springs would be appropriate for the weight of cymbals, and local availability is a problem too. I'm gonna try just weighting the strike side, but wondered if anyone has simply keyholed their cymbals on purpose to stop spinning? Seems the cheapest and easiest way to go that I can come up with and not too many downsides... Any thoughts?

Drill small hole in the cymbal and something like this:

https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...44#post1135344
    *** Never buy a module without both MIDI IN and OUT! ***
    DTX modules. Roland samplers. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Loads o' synth modules. And...a ukulele or three.

Comment

You also need a counterpart that locks in the key hole, and is fixed with regard to the cymbal stand.
      Brain: mega drum. 5 toms: DIY mesh head, side-mounted DIY triggers. Snare: 14" 682 head, DIY crossbar trigger. 2xDIY beaterless BD pedal. .Cymbals: Crash: 2x 16" brass: 2 zone. Ride: 20" brass: 2 zone. Hi-Hat: 14" 1 zone DIY Control pedal + Pearl H900 stand. + drum rack:

Comment

Working...
      X