X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaerio
    replied
    Originally posted by Macarina View Post
    So, I immediately got my kick put back in it's place. Found out the rubber protector pad for foot pedal was just too thick.
    Installed my kick pedal.

Here's the killer... my beater seems to be bouncing (rebound) uncontrollably off the new mesh kick head. Even the lighter taps, the pedal bounces.

So I've been use to my KD-9 for 5+ years, which is pretty hard (rubber) surface. I have excellent foot control with it.

Now this new beater head, I'm just always bouncing off the surface. Is it me, where I have to learn new foot muscle control?
    Do I loosen the head. Do I tighten? Do I do something with the pedal tension?

Looking for advice. Sorry, I'm asking this before investigating these forums for similar situations.
    Loosen the head, make the beater hit a bit above the trigger center to not damage it, then put pillow, foam or anything to the mesh head to absorb rebound. You can also paste foam or anything directly on the trigger bar under the trigger's foam. I have put a "dekking" all around the bass drum + foam on the bar.and it works very good !

I agree without this system, it has too much rebound ! This is the problem of big mesh head.

Leave a comment:

• Macarina
    replied
    Cross sticking should be done slightly different than an acoustic kit. I believe youíll get better performance by laying the butt end of stick across the rim as well, where the stick never touches the pad. Lay the stick to one side the snare, stick contacting the rim in two places. I find this works pretty well for me. also you may have a way to adjust the rim sensitivity setting?

also, I know it may not look right or done correctly, but on occasion, depending on the song, I just pull my hand slightly back and play the rim only.

Iíve not experienced any degradation with the rim silencers.

Speaking of settings, I would suspect you need to tweak your modules pad settings and sensitivity. There are many folks here that know a ton about this. Iím still learning myself. The default settings out of the module are weak at best.

Leave a comment:

• Skipperclint
    replied
    Macarina

I bought the 14" RTS snare trigger, plughead and rim silencer. The quality I agree is second to none but I have encountered a few problems. The rim triggers great without the silencer but when I put it on it kills the triggering. Also I can't get any cross sticking, how does the trigger differentiate between cross stick and rimshot? Lastly, the positional sensing provided by the RTS doesn't seem to be any better than the Roland PD105 that it replaced. Given the cost, its disappointing to say the least. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas you have, gratefully received! You have so much more experience and skill than me!

Leave a comment:

• Lifesaver
    replied
    I think I've read that it helps to stuff your kick drum with pillows/blankets to lessen the rebound.

Leave a comment:

• jammin777
    replied
    try loosening up the head tension and see how it responds. with my setup it is on the loose side with no unwanted rebound, it may also be a difference because of the different setup i am using. my xbar has a memory foam where the beater hits and am using a 3 ply drum tec real feel head along with a evens patch and iron cobra rubber beater.

Leave a comment:

• Macarina
    replied
    So, I immediately got my kick put back in it's place. Found out the rubber protector pad for foot pedal was just too thick.
    Installed my kick pedal.

Here's the killer... my beater seems to be bouncing (rebound) uncontrollably off the new mesh kick head. Even the lighter taps, the pedal bounces.

So I've been use to my KD-9 for 5+ years, which is pretty hard (rubber) surface. I have excellent foot control with it.

Now this new beater head, I'm just always bouncing off the surface. Is it me, where I have to learn new foot muscle control?
    Do I loosen the head. Do I tighten? Do I do something with the pedal tension?

Looking for advice. Sorry, I'm asking this before investigating these forums for similar situations.
    Last edited by Macarina; 08-19-17, 04:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Macarina
    replied
    R-drums delivered my Kick drum trigger and I got a chance to install it this weekend. Pretty simple actually. It's two bolts and measuring the foam 5mm from the bearing edge. Lock it down. Install the Air Vent Connector and plug it in.

So I took out the DIY brace bar, brackets and bolts for the KD-9.

Opened up the breather hole for the Air Vent Connection.

Dropped in the RTB-BD trigger and installed a new Hart Dynamics KS KS22-2 - 22 INCH 2-PLY Mesh beater head. I'm happy with the way it looks. All honesty, it looks like an acoustic kit should.

ZF4Jsm2StkQ48_umvlo4lsvTVEn6pnRaiMNQ97X7NEAfE-KWxuOnujyLggV6XQPy5DpIQQ8YiY90NaG8dJwsXdVAshUjvpBNhcKXNHMz5BdV-RZhxbga-3oEpEfFxDmQGg2TN8_fRQ.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Macarina
    replied
    Thanks Jammin... I just may consider that route, if I can work all the cables. It looks very clean. As of late, I have no intention of breaking the kit down to go to gigs or practice.

Leave a comment:

• jammin777
    replied
    i didnt read the whole tread but here is an idea on cable managemment.
    https://www.vdrums.com/forum/perform...k-for-gibratar

Leave a comment:

• Macarina
    replied
    I've been working on a side project with Cymbal Toppers

Leave a comment:

• demonocus
    replied
    These work great for cable management 6a6dd7fe-2f14-4b7d-a764-a94ae38b4bd2.JPG._CB312567204_.jpg
    Last edited by demonocus; 07-19-17, 07:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Trip McNealy
    replied
    Cool thanks, I will try that out. I'd like to get some Design series heads too.. I'm in the Northeast USA.

Leave a comment:

• Macarina
    replied
    Originally posted by Trip McNealy View Post
    Quick question - are you based in the USA, and if so, was there any issues getting any kind of the DrumTec mesh heads? I think at one time US couldn't get their 2-ply or something but I read somewhere maybe that changed now?
    I had heard or read the same thing.

While doing my research back earlier this year, I did see a statement on their 2-ply page about limitations selling international. (I don't see that today).

Anyway, I took a shot and contacted them through their site. Stated what I wanted and asked that exact question if they could sell and deliver it to me in the midwest?
    Nadine Wieloch - Office Manager responded, they would be happy to work with me. They did not want to go into any details about the 'international' thing. I left it at that.
    After we worked out the exact details of what I needed, they then sent me an order confirmation.
    In short, I did my ordering through emails a Drum-tec rep. I did not use the Drum-tec site to put things in the shopping cart.

I believe I got my package about 2 weeks later.
    Last edited by Macarina; 07-19-17, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Trip McNealy
    replied
    Quick question - are you based in the USA, and if so, was there any issues getting any kind of the DrumTec mesh heads? I think at one time US couldn't get their 2-ply or something but I read somewhere maybe that changed now?

Leave a comment:

• Macarina
    replied
    Genius? Nah... Megalomanic

But seriously... the internal cables are definitely an option. Just not sure for my kit. I must have 15 cables out of the module to be routed in, through and around the rack. And yes, all the cables will not need to go into the rack. But there is still a massive amount cables to deal with.

Marcel with Vdrum tips has his take on the 'cable in the rack project'. It's excellent...

I'm envisioning the cable management completely different where I would 'display' the cables. Kinda getting creative with the cables. I could be totally wrong on this direction.
    Last edited by Macarina; 07-14-17, 12:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X