No announcement yet.

El Cheapo buttkicker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear Intruder. I'm not real pleased with mine but I think it's the amp - probably underpowered although I do get a good rumble. What I wanted was only (or primarily) the kick drum to "thump". I even tried running the output through a small Behringer mixer playing with the EQ to eliminate or at least reduce the affects of the floor tom(s). This helps but still not what I was hoping for. I think I may have had too high of expectations - that along with being a real cheapskate.

Thanks again for your comments - much appreciated. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by EssKayKay View Post
      Good to hear Intruder. I'm not real pleased with mine but I think it's the amp - probably underpowered although I do get a good rumble. What I wanted was only (or primarily) the kick drum to "thump". I even tried running the output through a small Behringer mixer playing with the EQ to eliminate or at least reduce the affects of the floor tom(s). This helps but still not what I was hoping for. I think I may have had too high of expectations - that along with being a real cheapskate.

Thanks again for your comments - much appreciated. . . .
      If you're using Addictive Drums and a mixer, isn't it possible to use the multi-channel out function in AD to route the kick to a specific channel of the mixer, and connect the amp there? My PC has 5.1 audio output and I can route the kick to the subwoofer out, and connect the amp there. I don't do that because I have a nice balance between the toms and kick just using the master stereo out, but having a mixer it should be possible for you to just route the kick to a single output. Or maybe not... I dunno, signal routing in Linux is very flexible and I'm not at all familiar with how it works in other OS's, nor do I have experience with mixers, but there must be a way to do it.
      MegaDrum module, DIY A2E pads, DIY hall effect 3 zone hi hat, DIY 1, 2 & 3 zone cymbals, DIY kick beater triggers on DIY modded longboard, direct drive pedals, DIY triple driver IEMs, El Cheapo buttkicker. Various VSTs running in a tweaked Linux Mint. kit pics thread

Comment

I put a regular splitter on a kick direct. Out and that also works fine.
        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post
          I put a regular splitter on a kick direct. Out and that also works fine.
          Please excuse my ignorance but I don't understand "kick direct out". I have a TD-15. Are talking about MIDI out, which I know less than nothing? Therefore, this may be well beyond my paygrade which is close to entry level.

I don't mean to become overly burdensome here, so if you wish to pass on this I totally understand.

Comment

Please excuse my ignorance but I don't understand "kick direct out". I have a TD-15. Are talking about MIDI out, which I know less than nothing? Therefore, this may be well beyond my paygrade which is close to entry level.

I don't mean to become overly burdensome here, so if you wish to pass on this I totally understand.
            Higher end modules have direct outs (other than the main outs L & R) TD20 & TD30, TD50 have 8 and the Mimic has 16. So the kick can go on a output by itself.

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post

Higher end modules have direct outs (other than the main outs L & R) TD20 & TD30, TD50 have 8 and the Mimic has 16. So the kick can go on a output by itself.
              Got it. I'm seriously considering the Mimic Pro - a bit pricey for someone who only sits/plays in his basement but at this stage in the game, I can afford it. My only concern as I have stated elsewhere is it may be too complicated for this old brain.

Thanks Intruder et al

Comment

Got it. I'm seriously considering the Mimic Pro - a bit pricey for someone who only sits/plays in his basement but at this stage in the game, I can afford it. My only concern as I have stated elsewhere is it may be too complicated for this old brain.

Thanks Intruder et al
                I only sit in my living room. It can be as complicated as you or someone else wants to make it. Out of the box is great for me but tweaks here and there make it even better. It's just a learning process and if they release more kits maybe so much tweaking won't be necessary.

Comment

IMG_0027.JPGIMG_0025.JPGIMG_0026.JPG
                  Finally had a chance to snap a few pics (low quality).

Comment

Working...
                  X