Quartz Percussion strap mounted triggers vs crossbar mounted triggers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quartz Percussion strap mounted triggers vs crossbar mounted triggers

I am using Quartz Percussion's strap mounted triggers for an acoustic/electric conversion with Billy Blast mesh drum heads and having a hell of a time calibrating my Megadrum 56 input drum module.

Has anyone else used these triggers?

I am wondering if the elastic strap mounts are part of the problem with getting inconsistent responses from drum to drum due to the triggers being mounted on elastic straps that may be moving with the head and if mounting the triggers to a fixed crossbar with an adjustable screw to adjust the contact the trigger makes with the head will give me consistent performance from drum to drum. Also, wondering if using a drumhead tension dial will also give me more consistent performance from drum to drum.

Thanks in advance.

i used these on my snare and 2 of my toms and they work perfectly ,i also used roland mesh heads ,i set mine up so they are tight t the head but not too tight ,i also use a td 9 module and have them set to pd125 in the trigger settings
    updated td9 brain,vh11, cy12c/r, cy15r, cy13c/r, axis long boards double pedal,pearl export drum shells with roland mesh heads,ddrum trigger on floor tom & roland rt30k trigger on kick drum,quartz trigger harness in upper toms and snare

Comment

Originally posted by demonocus View Post
      i used these on my snare and 2 of my toms and they work perfectly ,i also used roland mesh heads ,i set mine up so they are tight t the head but not too tight ,i also use a td 9 module and have them set to pd125 in the trigger settings
      they do work, the one on my 14 inch snare works great but I have 4 rack toms and 2 floor toms and none of them give the same response, it's pretty frustrating

Comment

Originally posted by bladelawless View Post

they do work, the one on my 14 inch snare works great but I have 4 rack toms and 2 floor toms and none of them give the same response, it's pretty frustrating
        sounds like a setting issue ,i would look at the settings for the pads that work good and use that as a base setting for the pads that don't work and then go from there also check to make sure you wired the pads right for your module and make sure they're not backwards
        Last edited by demonocus; 01-03-17, 10:06 AM.
        updated td9 brain,vh11, cy12c/r, cy15r, cy13c/r, axis long boards double pedal,pearl export drum shells with roland mesh heads,ddrum trigger on floor tom & roland rt30k trigger on kick drum,quartz trigger harness in upper toms and snare

Comment

Hi! Have you checked my guide for MegaDRUM and AD2? The settings found in the firmware/rom in the MD is actually designed for Quartz Percussion triggers and Drum-tec meshheads. I think you can find something useful here for your toms.

https://issuu.com/digitaldrummer/doc...9_1_/2?ff=true

The Quartz triggers also works Fantastic for 2box also.

best regards

angr77 / www.zourman.com - great Roland hi-hat conversation modules for 2box!
          Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland , CY-14, 15R, 12CR, RT-10S&K, 2xBT-1, VH-11,-12,-13, KD-10, Quartz Triggers, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera 2x D14, D11, LectricMoo, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2Box 1.3.3, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, All ADpaks, Win10 on Microsoft Surface PRO 4, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH Conv Kit. www.zourman.com

Comment

I have tried strap mounted triggers once, and was not very impressed with them. I'd go for side mounted triggers if I where you, saves you a lot of hassle with hot spot issues.
            Brain: mega drum. 5 toms: DIY mesh head, side-mounted DIY triggers. Snare: 14" 682 head, DIY crossbar trigger. 2xDIY beaterless BD pedal. .Cymbals: Crash: 2x 16" brass: 2 zone. Ride: 20" brass: 2 zone. Hi-Hat: 14" 1 zone DIY Control pedal + Pearl H900 stand. + drum rack:

Comment

I have absolutely no dead spots with Quartz using them with 2box or MegaDRUM ...

best regards

angr77 / www.zourman.com / Roland hi-hat conversion modules for 2box
              Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland , CY-14, 15R, 12CR, RT-10S&K, 2xBT-1, VH-11,-12,-13, KD-10, Quartz Triggers, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera 2x D14, D11, LectricMoo, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2Box 1.3.3, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, All ADpaks, Win10 on Microsoft Surface PRO 4, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH Conv Kit. www.zourman.com

Comment

Working...
              X