Wiring to 3.5mm jack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring to 3.5mm jack

I'm working on an acoustic to electric conversion kit and I noticed that most people use 1/4 inch jacks. I was wondering if it would still work to wire my triggers to a 3.5mm female trs jack and then use a 3.5mm male to 1/4 inch male cable to connect to my module. I will be using an Alesis Trigger i/O if that matters. Also, would the wiring for the 3.5mm female jack be the same as the wiring for a 1/4 inch female jack? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by AFein; 12-30-16, 05:58 PM.

Hm,

you can find answers to this type of questions easily via google and similar, especially when searching for images.

There is no magic in this case: viewed from the cable connect inner wires to inner wires through jacks, and outer wires to outer wires (shielding); if in doubt, check connectivity between cable and jack-metal-surfaces with an ohm-meter or similar. No big deal in the right hands.
    td-30 user ;-)

Comment

The 3.5 to 1/4 adapters do not generally work well. They can be very noisy and intermitant.
      "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

TD30, TD9 side module, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Why would you do that ? If you want to use the vent holes without removing them or drilling, you can try a female 1/4 similar to this Proel P230 - the inner piece with the cap removed is just the right fit for a standard vent hole without drilling !
        Last edited by pumpal; 01-01-17, 07:27 PM.
        Roland TD-15
        TAMA MetroJam2 TRB A2E

Comment

Working...
        X