No announcement yet.

DIY 3 Zone cymbal v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few posts above are pictures with explanations of where everything goes. I'm sorry but I'm not going to spoon-feed the fundamental basics in this thread (see preface in first post).

Comment

The junction of the two plates would look like this ?
      Dark orange and one half and light orange the other and gray and a tape to isolate the contact,
      if it is not so, you can post a drawing with two parts on top of each other

Comment

That looks right. Just to make sure here's your image with an annotation:
        wiring.png

Comment

thank you ignotus

Comment

Ive been looking at this thread for a while now and never realized there was a hit next page.... XD so finally after reading every post ever made on this thread i fully under stand how this was made and will be attempting to recreate it as a 20 in ride .-. I have 2 just laying around not being used anymore so why not. Thanks ignotus for having so much patience for us! When i get this done i will be posting a video if it works lol and showing step by step how i went on doing it. Credit twards you of corse

Comment

Do you have 20" practice cymbals or are you going to use acoustics?

Comment

I will be trying it out with acoustic cymbals. But ive also seen you can mold pexi glass. Or acrylic to the shape of a cymbal so i might do that route if the acoustics done trigger properly.

Comment

Hello, guys!

I can't find these stagg cymbals... I'll try makin' my own plastic cymbals! So.. can you tell me the thickness of these stagg?

Many thanks!

Anjin.

Comment

I think they're about 2 mm thick. Where do you live? The Stagg cymbals are fairly easy to find in Europe but not elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X