Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snare throw-off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snare throw-off

Hey Guys,

This has probably been done before, but this is my take to a snare throw-of switch.

I took the original snare throw off lever and added a switch to it. I use that witch to switch the piezo between two inputs on the module. (my 56 input megadrum has lots of them ). I can now switch between which input on the module is connected to the piezo. Since the switch I had laying around was a double switch, I did it for the head as well as the rim sensor. This way I can also do rim shots in the off position

DSC_0008.JPG
    Snare off position

DSC_0009.JPG
    Snare on position

DSC_0014.JPG

mounted on the snare
    Brain: mega drum. 5 toms: DIY mesh head, side-mounted DIY triggers. Snare: 14" 682 head, DIY crossbar trigger. 2xDIY beaterless BD pedal. .Cymbals: Crash: 2x 16" brass: 2 zone. Ride: 20" brass: 2 zone. Hi-Hat: 14" 1 zone DIY Control pedal + Pearl H900 stand. + drum rack:

That's super cool!
    electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

Brilliant! I don't think I've seen anything like that before, well done!
      Megadrum module, DIY A2E pads, DIY 2 & 3-zone cymbals, DIY hall-effect 3-zone hi-hat, El Cheapo buttkicker, DIY trigger beaters on DIY longboard/direct drive modded pedals. DIY IEMs. Some kit pics/history.

Comment

Very creative and inventive!

Comment

I like that. nice work
          TD-20 (non expanded), acoustic look DIY a to e conversion - some cake pan/ some crossbar method. DIY cymbals, VH-12 :-)
          Psalm 150
          had the best times with this band https://www.facebook.com/SaintHooliganMusic
          YouTube video postings: https://www.youtube.com/user/racer52online/videos
          Vdrums Photo Albums: http://www.vdrums.com/member/26923-racer52/media

Comment

Very cool!
            Practice Kit-TD30 module.6 pc STARCLASSIC B/B DIY conversion.pearl tru trac bass drum trigger,cy15,2 x cy14,cy 12c,2 x cy8.vh12 hats.cake pan conversion.
            Gigging kit same td 30 module .5 pc STARCLASSIC PERFORMER cake pan conversion DIY.Pearl tru trac bass trigger.Zildjian gen 16 480 cymbal pack.direct source pickups.cy15,cy14 x 2,cy12

Comment

That is an excellent trick!, I think I might borrow that idea for my snare build

Comment

I was thinking of building a small midi controller into a throwoff to send a program change into the midi-in so that you can change kits with it (obvious one is to a kit with the snares off, but doesn't have to be only that).
                2Box Drumit5, DIY 12" Snare, 12" Floor Tom, 2x10" Toms. Acoustic cymbals w/DIY triggers, Triggera Krigg, Tama Iron Cobra Kick and Tama Roadpro HH stand. Tennis Ball Riser (not needed now I have the Krigg lol).

Comment

Working...
                X