Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pd 80 to pd 80r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pd 80 to pd 80r

Has anyone turned in a PD 80 into a pd 80 r? Trying to figure out the best place to stick that Piezo.
    E-kit: Roland td-8 VexPressions, DIY drums of various manufacturers custom wrap bum wrap, Krylon flat black hoops, Gen16's triggered, Addictive drums, QSC K-12, Roland SPD, jeredsystem bass drum lights. A-kit: Mapex Orion Classics, purple burl, gold plated lugs, Sabian Cymbals.

This might help:
    http://www.vdrums.com/showthread.php?t=15057

There is an exploded view of a PD-80R in the above linked thread that should help. I seem to remember a few other threads with better photos, but I can't find them.

-SD-

Comment

This is a picture of the inside of a PD-80R, which is similar to the PD-80 except it has the extra plate beneath the top/head piezo/cone plate. The thread I mentioned before, the same as SiliconDrummer mentioned above gives the breakdown and part nos. of the extra parts that you could get from Roland to convert your PD-80 to a PD-80R. However you could also just add a second piezo somewhere in the interior of that PD-80 plastic shell and get decent rimshots for the 2Box module. As I mentioned before the jack/pcb of the PD-80 already has a place for an additional piezo since it is a stereo jack/pcb.
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

thanks for the help. It was actually very simple. I cut a plate to match the rim sensor holder on my pd 80r out of some old sheet metal and the jack was already a stereo jack. All spare parts and they work great!
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 3 photos.
        E-kit: Roland td-8 VexPressions, DIY drums of various manufacturers custom wrap bum wrap, Krylon flat black hoops, Gen16's triggered, Addictive drums, QSC K-12, Roland SPD, jeredsystem bass drum lights. A-kit: Mapex Orion Classics, purple burl, gold plated lugs, Sabian Cymbals.

Comment

Originally posted by robcod View Post
          thanks for the help. It was actually very simple. I cut a plate to match the rim sensor holder on my pd 80r out of some old sheet metal and the jack was already a stereo jack. All spare parts and they work great!
          Nice job. I think I did something similar when I converted a PD-80, can't remember or find pics, it's been 10 years back .... LOL .....
          I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

OK, I know this is an old post that I am resurrecting but I need to know how the second piezo is being mounted on the metal plate. I did this conversion last night and it is not working. I used 3M double sided foam tape. Is it hot glued???? I am going to take the pad apart and double check the wiring.

Comment

my guess would be keller red tape which is a paper thin clear double sided tape. the foam tape would be too thick and cushiony.. the pd80r is has a very similar setup as the pd 128.
              a few years ago i converted my old pd125 pads to pd128 which involves the new style trigger plates and that is the tape i used and triggers perfectly.
              Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Working...
              X