Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in making a DIY dingbat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in making a DIY dingbat

Just curious: how is the piezo attached to the tube? Is it just 'floating' inside the tube? Has anyone opened one up and looked inside? I saw a thread where someone made one out of PVC pipe but didn't elaborate on the internals.
    TD30 | PD-128S, PD-128, (2) PD-108, PD-120 | KD-120 | (2) CY15R, (2) CY14C, CY13R, CY12C, VH11 | MDS-25 rack | DW3000 double bass pedal | DW3000 HH stand | roc-n-soc nitro throne | Audio Technica ATH-M40x

I made one by attaching the piezo to an l-bracket and jamming that into the tube so that the piezo is parallel to the striking surface. It's hard to attach the piezo to a curved surface, so you can use any flat piece of metal the diameter of the tube and force it in.
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

Thanks! What kind of tubing did you use?
      TD30 | PD-128S, PD-128, (2) PD-108, PD-120 | KD-120 | (2) CY15R, (2) CY14C, CY13R, CY12C, VH11 | MDS-25 rack | DW3000 double bass pedal | DW3000 HH stand | roc-n-soc nitro throne | Audio Technica ATH-M40x

Comment

you could also make a foam sandwich. (foam-piezo-foam) and push that inside the tube. i would go for pvc.
        good luck and keep us posted.
        TD-25KV Kit + TD-8 Module + SPD6

Comment

Almost any kind of rubber :"wedge" contoured to the tube with a flat surface to mount the piezo will work. Then just silicone the rubber "wedge" to the inside of the tube and mount the jack on a cap in the end of the tube. Very easy build.
          8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
          http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Working...
          X