Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helensson ITM2 internal drum trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helensson ITM2 internal drum trigger

http://www.helensson.com/itm2-trigger-module.html

I stumbled across this online today and thought I'd share it. It's a dual zone head and rim trigger device that uses a lug screw to attach it to the inside of your drum shell, similar to Wronka and Triggeras Intrigg.

You can adjust head and rim sensitivity with the potentiometers.

What does everyone think?

Has anyone got one of these?

Has anyone tried these?

Thoughts?

Cheers
    Kenny

Think I have seen them in a post here before.

I love the pots on head and rim, plus the phase switch for the head. That's good thinking for compatibility between different modules.

I do not like the extra solder points on a ring around the head foam, more things to go wrong.
    Finally, at $70 a piece, it makes a full kit a tad expensive but is a good option for someone who does not want to tinker with a DIY approach.
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

They look pretty decent and having the pots to tweak sensitivity increases the amount of different modules / module brands that are compatible. However, at that price, I will make my for a few pounds.

Comment

Seems like the position of that screw behind the 1/4 jack is going to make height adjustment a tad tricky. Maybe it's just the angle, but you'd think for $70 they would have thought about that. Also, the pots are oriented at the wrong angle. They should face inward to the middle of the open portion of the drum. Bad design, no easy way to access them the way they are with a screwdriver. If they were facing inward, it would be so much easier. Again, if I'm going to pay $70 for a $2 part, it better have good design and good engineering.

Comment

Interesting and valid points ThePod. I won't be getting any because they are just too expensive when I can make my own triggers for a few pounds.

Comment

Yeah, it's tough to pay $70 when you know it's made from next to nothing. However, if you are unfamiliar with triggers, it *could* be a nice way to go

Comment

Triggers such as quartz harnesses, Triggeras Intrigg etc are much cheaper although they dont have the adjustability as they dont have the pots. Depends on how much ypud pay for the pots i guess.

Comment

But they're actually not needed. You can dial everything in the module.
                What I think is of the most importance on a trigger is it's sensor design and quality of materials. If these are not good, you can have zillion pots - won't help.
                electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

Good point triggera. there are other triggers out there that ibwould rather buy if i needed to lol

Comment

The Triggera Intriggs are great. I have 5. This Helensson one looks a little over engineered, and the design issues listed above could be addressed, but the shorter build height makes it about the only off the shelf number that can fit into shells less tha 5" deep.

Comment

Originally posted by triggera View Post
                      But they're actually not needed. You can dial everything in the module.
                      What I think is of the most importance on a trigger is it's sensor design and quality of materials. If these are not good, you can have zillion pots - won't help.
                      I will disagree here.

My Yamaha module usually finds the signal of a 36mm piezo too hot. It seems to be across the Yamaha range.
                      You can dial in gain only by adding some in the module, you can't dial down gain.

I have pots on all my DIY pads and it helps a lot to get good dynamics.

Of course, since pretty much everyone have products and test them to be fully Roland compatible only, Yamaha owners have to find ways to make them work.
                      DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
                      Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Well, that's why we don't use 35mm piezos. Unnecessary hot. We use much smaller piezos on intriggs. And they perform great even on Yamahas
                        electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

Good point Tazed. I feel like the Intriggs are great, but did have to cut one in order to use it in my snare.
                          Sonor Safari A to E-Sparkly Red w/2Box and Roland TD15
                          Pearl Reference-Purple Haze (for sale)
                          Ludwig Classic Maple-Blue Olive Oyster
                          Medicine Man Custom Maple-Tangerine Glitter Glass:p

Comment

Here is the review from the May 2015 issue of digitalDrummer magazine. More information is available on the helensson.com website.
                            Thanks!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                            X