Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ddrum 4 kick pad - convert to mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ddrum 4 kick pad - convert to mesh

Hi all!
    I have an old Ddrum 4 kick pad, and I was wondering if theres a way to turn it into a mesh pad? Do you just buy a mesh head, or do you need to removed the large metal plate and foam, and replace it with a different piezo pickup?

Thanks.

I converted the pads from a ddrum4 removing all the internals and putting a ddrum redshot trigger on them. With the bass drum I tried this but didn't like the feel so I literally just changed the head to a mesh head leaving the foam and ddrum trigger on a plate. This made the pad significantly quieter.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Hey cheers for the advice, ill just get a mesh head then, Can I get any 12" mesh head? Any make youd recommend.

Thanks.

Ps, Also thinking of buying a TD-10. About 300 without the expansion board. Im using a TD-6 and D4 combined. I need 12 inputs and more..
      Any thoughts on the TD-10 standard.

Comment

Pintech?

Comment

I bought a Pearl black puretone mesh, see how that goes.

Comment

I got a cheap one but can't remember what it was as my son has this kit over at his mums now. I'm sure any will do as the foam is left in place anyway. Hope it works out ok. Oh by the way not too tight as the beater bounces too much and causes multiple triggers
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Working...
            X