Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A2E for Bass drum..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2E for Bass drum..

What are some good solutions for the bass drum A2E conversion? I saw couple of good photos of A2E kits and most of them seems like they have floor tom? as their bass drum. I have a TAMA Imperialstar set that I want to convert and I just don't know how to deal with my 20" Bass drum.. any good solutions or tips? thanks.

I just stuck a mesh head on my kick drum and I already had a Roland RT-10 kick trigger so I thought, "what the heck" and tried it. Works fantastic!! And mine's a 22" so I'm sure it would work well on your 20".

Mark
    www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

I have a Taye GoKit with 18" bass drum. Pintech mesh head, Triggera Intrigg (lug mounted trigger), a head patch (important). Attach my pedal and good to go.

Oh. I used the female 1/4" jack from Quartz Percussion and drilled out the vent hole.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
      TD-25KV, Yamaha DXR15, MG10. Senn 280HD.

Comment

Originally posted by daebado View Post
        I just stuck a mesh head on my kick drum and I already had a Roland RT-10 kick trigger so I thought, "what the heck" and tried it. Works fantastic!! And mine's a 22" so I'm sure it would work well on your 20".

Mark
        that sounds simple enough, always wanted to try one of those RT series see how it works vs internal install, one question though: how loud is the your 22" bass with mesh head? I know mesh head suppose to kill the acoustic sound but being that big I just want to know if it still does it's job, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by billgtx View Post
          I have a Taye GoKit with 18" bass drum. Pintech mesh head, Triggera Intrigg (lug mounted trigger), a head patch (important). Attach my pedal and good to go.

Oh. I used the female 1/4" jack from Quartz Percussion and drilled out the vent hole.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

does intrigg come with the setup tools for 18" bass? or did you make a custom lug mount for the bass? for some reason I didn't think quartz or intrigg support bass drum installment.

Comment

The Intrigg mounts to the lugs. You just unscrew your existing lug, put the Intrigg up against the shell and screw in the lug screws. Let me see if I can find my pic.

Comment

Hopefully this will help...

Comment

Originally posted by billgtx View Post
                Hopefully this will help...

I see that definitely helps! thanks

Comment

No problem. Just check the distance of your lugs. The Intrigg is about 5 inches long.

Comment

Originally posted by wani87 View Post

that sounds simple enough, always wanted to try one of those RT series see how it works vs internal install, one question though: how loud is the your 22" bass with mesh head? I know mesh head suppose to kill the acoustic sound but being that big I just want to know if it still does it's job, thanks!

I can hardly hear it with the sound turned down. Don't forget to put a protective patch where the beater hits if you're using felt beaters, though.

Mark
                    www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

Im glad to hear that, I do have leftover Remo patch so that's not a problem, thanks for the heads up! Now all I need to decide is either go for rt-10k or intrigg for my 20" bass drum...

Comment

Working...
                      X