Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick attachment clips for a Crappy Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick attachment clips for a Crappy Trigger

To install a Crappy Trigger to a drum rim you have to completely remove two drum lugs. This was a bit of a pain for me because, every time I pack up my drums, I have to remove the Crappy Trigger from my snare in order for it to fit in my drum case. I figured that slotted clips attached to the trigger's mounting zip ties would make it easier and quicker to remove it and attach it. In my workshop junk drawer, I found two items that did the trick. I believe they are clips used to mount a stainless steel sink to a countertop. They are aluminum and so are easy to drill and file. I used a hacksaw and cut off the bottom tang, then drilled a couple holes and did some filing to make the slot. Amazingly, the bolt in the original piece was the same size and thread as my drum lugs, so I shortened a couple extra lugs with a hacksaw and used the lugs and the threaded hole that was already there to mount the trigger to the slotted clips. This allows everything to be tightened with a drum key. To install the trigger you just loosen the lugs a little and slide the slot of the clips between the top of the lug and the washer and then retighten the lugs. The clips just stay on the Crappy Trigger. I think it works great and looks decent as well. I hope some may find this useful.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    Hart Dynamics Studio AX; Alesis DMPro modules; Hart Hammer pads; Crappy Trigger; Pearl Powershifter double bass pedal; Roc-N-Soc throne; dB Technologies S-400 for amplification; headphones (audio-technica ATH-M50, Sony MDR-CD380).
Working...
X