Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Positional sensing with regular triggers, possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positional sensing with regular triggers, possible?

I was wondering if positional sensing is possible with regular triggers ( e.g ddrum red shots) or you must have roland center triggers and pads?

I'm almost sure you need to have a center trigger.
    : 5 piece dual zone shells, Yamaha cymbals, VH-12 HH
    : Megadrum, Windows 10 (64bit), Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen, SD2.3, Reaper

Comment

Is there any company that manufactor center trigger that can be installed inside regular acoustic snare?

Comment

Originally posted by overg View Post
        Is there any company that manufactor center trigger that can be installed inside regular acoustic snare?
        Quartztrigger on EBay sells Roland type cone triggers. They are of good quality and I have used them in many DIY projects.

Comment

Originally posted by evilcartman View Post
          Quartztrigger on EBay sells Roland type cone triggers. They are of good quality and I have used them in many DIY projects.
          Same here... excellent quality. I did a conversion of an acoustic Mapex kit several years ago, and the triggers have been working flawlessly ever since underneath mesh heads. Highly recommended as a cost-effective way to turn your A to E.

Comment

Yes, you do need a center-mounted trigger, for sure.
            ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Assuming you have a module capable of PS.... Meaning a megadrum with the PS board, td12, td20 or td30.
              DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
              Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Working...
              X