Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crush Drums will be offering a new color Acrylic kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crush Drums will be offering a new color Acrylic kit

I stopped by the Crush booth at NAMM 2014. I stop by every year as they have been teasing about offering something other than their clear acrylic kit for years. Well they did it. They will be offering the acrylics in clear or red. Their acrylic kits are one of if not the least expensive acrylic kits out there and they are nice drums! I bought a Starlight International blue acrylic kit years ago custom made at a great price at the time, but the Starlight Int. kits and other brands out there are 2 to 3 times the price of the Crush acrylic drums.
    The color is Red .... a very pretty Red IMO. The clear and the red kits will be the same price they say. The price is going up slightly this year, but they still will be quite a bargain I'm sure comparatively:

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

This new edit blows out the whole post! Anyway, Big , I never played acrylics. Just these 47?year old ludwigs( I guess mahogany) How would they. As far as sound goes how would the acrylics compare to mine and other woods like maple, birch, bubingas as far as general loudness, warmth, punch? Could have bought a clear set of vista lites for 400 something on the bay last week, tempting but I don't need them! Just curious, bro
    Last edited by hemiboy; 01-30-14, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hemiboy View Post
      Could have bought a clear set of vista lites for 400 something on the bay last week, tempting but I don't need them! Just curious, bro
      AAARRGGGG!!!! 400?! Just just paid more than that for a clear Crush Kick....if it would ever get here that is.
      8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
      http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

• hemiboy
        hemiboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Dan,

I just double checked those clear 70's or 80's vistalites were actually sold on the bay for $495, Had to be a snake of a kit, because there are others posted on there for for over 3000. I was tempted but the pics werent great and once you are in , you are in. Just like bidding at an auto auction

Originally posted by hemiboy View Post
      This new edit blows out the whole post! Anyway, Big , I never played acrylics. Just these 47?year old ludwigs( I guess mahogany) How would they. As far as sound goes how would the acrylics compare to mine and other woods like maple, birch, bubingas as far as general loudness, warmth, punch? Could have bought a clear set of vista lites for 400 something on the bay last week, tempting but I don't need them! Just curious, bro
      That is a hard thing to describe in words. It reminds me of how people describe beer or wine .... nutty with just a hint of floral boquet ... etc... (I don't want a beer that tastes like a peanut or wine that tastes like a flower ).You just have to sit down and play/hear them IMO. They definitely have their own unique sound quality just as dif. woods have dif. sound qualities. I would say loudness and sound projection wise they are more comparable to birch drums. What heads are used, like with wood drums, makes a huge difference as well as how thick the shell and construction. Here is a pretty good article on the subject:
      http://entertainmentguide.local.com/...rums-1246.html
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

The Crush drums look quality and very pretty...just like JMan did when I met him for the first time at NAMM this year! I have a set of acrylics from Natal and with the hydraulic heads they sound AMAZING!!!

K ;-)
        My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
        E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
        A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
        A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

• allanjohn
          allanjohn commented
          Editing a comment
          You know what they say - pics or it didn't happen!!!

• hairmetal-81
          hairmetal-81 commented
          Editing a comment
          ...of Jman?

Ken has shown us his Natal's already.... Any more pics of that and kit, and you will be able to fill Lake Geneva with my drool!

• csnow
          csnow commented
          Editing a comment
          I love hydraulics too. You are right, hydros work awesome on acrylic and fiberglass drums. Pure thunder to my ears. I just put them on my vintage Ludwigs.and I love the sound. I am stuck in the 70s/80's so the ringy drums of the modern era just don't do it for me. I prefer punch with low sustain.

Originally posted by Kenster View Post
        The Crush drums look quality and very pretty...just like JMan did when I met him for the first time at NAMM this year! I have a set of acrylics from Natal and with the hydraulic heads they sound AMAZING!!!

K ;-)
        now you made me blush

Comment

It looks strange to see acrylics with shallow shells. I am so used to seeing the larger Vistalites that these toms look odd to me. Great looking kit though.

Comment

Here are some pics of my Crush acrylic kit. I keep this over where I get together weekly to jam with my friends. I wired up some LED lights inside the shelves and wrapped them with pinstriping and shelving paper and white coated heads to get them to glow. I love the sound, deep and punchy. I would like to try the hydraulic heads but need them to be white to get the glow effect.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by drumgar69 View Post
              Here are some pics of my Crush acrylic kit. I keep this over where I get together weekly to jam with my friends. I wired up some LED lights inside the shelves and wrapped them with pinstriping and shelving paper and white coated heads to get them to glow. I love the sound, deep and punchy. I would like to try the hydraulic heads but need them to be white to get the glow effect.
              Nice. Mine will be have some cool LED lighting by a Midi Knights Pro system.

On a another note...I think its grand that they are "coming out with a new color"...but I wish they would at least start delivering the older clear acrylics that have been on order for months now first. : Love the drums....not a fan of the delivery delays.
              8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
              http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Working...
              X