New addition to the family.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New addition to the family.....

Well my girlfriend & I went early xmas shopping this year and we both went way overboard, hahaha. She's starting to get back into drumming again (she was in drum corps/marching band in high school) and is starting weekly lessons next week with a great drummer/teacher in my area so HER addtion will be:

- Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz 4 Piece - Black Marine Pearl
    - DW 9500 2-Legged Hi-Hat Stand
    - DW 9300 Snare Stand
    - DW 9700 Boom Cymbal Stand
    - DW 9710 Straight Cymbal Stand
    - Pearl 2002B Powershifter Eliminator Double Pedal

She'll be using my Zildjian K-Custom Hybrid Hats, Ride, & Crash on that setup.

What I just bought (she's getting me) is a Dunnett Titanium 14x6.5 Snare! I also recently got a whole array of Zildjian A-Custom ReZo cymbals so now I've got 2 complete sets of cymbals.

Pictures/videos/etc. coming in the next couple weeks when I rearrange the room a bit down there to fit 3 drum kits now (the DW, her Gretsch, and my TD20, yikes!).
    Check out my NEW eBay Store: V-Drum Emporium!

Awesome Adam! Chomping at the bit for the pics!
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

What a good choice of kit!!!

And now this lady can join our exclusive Gretsch club right here on this forum

Comment

Haha yes now she can Herc! I was in it, and then I put myself out because I sold my last Club Jazz I had. But I told her if I'm buying it, that when the cover band gets going, if it's a small gig I'm using this! Haha.

Stoked on this Dunnett snare, should have it by Friday or Saturday!

Comment

Great news about the snare mate, I too am really looking forward to seeing some pics!
          Rob
          Building GAS as we speak!! - TD11KV. Extra Yamaha cymbals. MDS-25 rack.

Comment

Thanks man. Yeah I snagged it for $640 shipped. New they're around $1,200. This was made in August 2006 and the design hasn't change at all since then. They have the newer style throwoff on the newer ones but that's it. I could always just switch out the throwoff if I really wanted to. I'm gonna put new batter & resonant heads and snare wires on it, give it a thorough cleaning and make sure everything is tight/solid as it should be, then be ready to rip!

New pics needed to be done several months ago. My whole TD20 kit is different, as is the DW setup, plus now with my girlfriend Tanyas new kit coming in and the snare, new pics are a must!

Comment

Yes, Adam. PICS!

Comment

If I could justify another kit, I'd probably get a catalina jazz. I love the looks and they sound great. That's pretty awesome you got a lady who likes to hit the old mylar and brass too! I bet she'd roll hey eyes a lot less than my girl when we incessantly use the practice pad at the dinner table.
                They constantly embrace music only to stifle it. They dissect it, unaware of their preliminary murder of it, and without understanding that the work they have pulled to pieces lacks only one thing, but the most important: life.

Comment

Yeah they're great kits man. I was trying to convince her to get the Walnut Glaze finish and she kept saying "no wood finishes" before she saw it, then she saw it and fell in love so luckilly I got a sweet deal on one so that's on it's way instead of the Black Pearl. =)

The Dunnett is amazing! Completely different style than my DW Super Solid, way more meatyness to it and not nearly as "soft" I guess you could say, as my DW, which isn't a bad thing, just for different styles obviously. It's EXTREMELY sensitive though, even at the lowest of volumes, the snares purr! I'm gonna tweak around with it more and acutally play it on my kit shortly now, haha.

Comment

Metal snares are sick. I love the "ping" sound you can get out of them, and rim shots sound super sweet. I'd say I use metal 75% of the time and only bring out the wood snares for the more mellow jams. What kinda rims that thing have?
                    They constantly embrace music only to stifle it. They dissect it, unaware of their preliminary murder of it, and without understanding that the work they have pulled to pieces lacks only one thing, but the most important: life.

Comment

It's a 14x6.5". It's got the 2.3mm flanged hoops, 42 strand snare wires, hypervent I, etc. I just jammed on it for about 45 minutes or so. CRAZY good sensitivity! Does have a great metallic 'ping' to it too. I can see why this will be great for most rock/backbeat kinda stuff for sure. The DW will be my main guy for the mellow/warmer stuff. I'm watching an auction for a DW Super Solid 14x5.5", 1/2", but in OAK! They don't make them in oak, it was a one off/prototype thing and I played it while I was in Long Island a few days ago, f'n awesome poppyness/crispness to it. It's got no reserve on eBay so if I can snipe this beast for a good price it's mine.

There's actually a DW Dunnett Titanium snare on eBay right now, that only 75 were ever made. It's super hard to find, so I emailed the dude asking if he'd take "xxxx" for it. He said if no one bids he'll call me. I'd love that as it's basically the same as my Dunnett now, but with DW badges, custom lugs, and the rest is basically the same. I could sell the Dunnett and buy this for about $150-200 more. I love the Dunnett though, so I might not even do that, haha.

Comment

I had a T snare...never really grew on me.
                        DTXtreme 3
                        S-classix-walnut roots
                        DW-black oyster glass
                        Pearl Masters-red glass
                        Keller kit-tangerine glass

Comment

Really? What didn't you like about it? Everyone I've talked to about them loves them.

Comment

So I'll be cleaning everything up tomorrow and FINALLY getting some pictures of the whole setup down there as of now, lol. I'm still waiting on my 8" rack tom to come in which will be in a few weeks then I have to reconfigure the rack to get that in there, but it's coming along nicely. That 8" rack is the last piece to my kit, finally!

Comment

I would like to see pictures once you get it up, that is going to be awesome. Good choice on the cymbals man; I love the A Custom Rezo cymbals. I'm debating getting a set of 15" Rezo hats, I already have the 18" crash. That whole series just sounds so sweeeeeeet. (cymbals are my weakness, lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X