The best A-cymbal cleaner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IamTuttman View Post
    Just thought I'd chime in on this topic. I recently purchased an old Premier drum set for $150. It came with extremely dirty and tarnished Zildjian A custom and K cymbals. After a brief web search I found info that made me try using ketchup and Barkeepers Friends. The results were amazing! First I did a test with the ketchup. No scrubbing. It worked! So, I smeared ketchup over the entire cymbal and after 30-45 minutes, I just rinsed it off. The dark tarnish came off like a slimy gel. Then I used Barkeepers Helper (powder form) and lightly rubbed them with a wet sponge. See pics.
    THANK YOU for the GREAT ADVICE!!!!! I was just at Walmart the other night and was about to buy a new bottle of barkeep's friend (liquid) but held off but now I'm going back. The barkeep's friend also works great on nickel plating (my lightsaber hilt needed some cleaning).

K
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

I missed this topic. I used Barkeeper's Friend during my professional giggin' phase for 20+ years and swear by it. Here's the proof...

brightnshiny.png
      Alan

Comment

Agree. Barkeepers liquid version is the bomb.

Comment

Working...
        X