Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new cymbals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new cymbals...

... have finally arrived ! 20" K custom dry ride, and 16" dark crash ( bought the hats a couple of months ago )
    Here are 2 pics of my A kit

p.s. You would not believe how dumb my Yamaha/Zildjian dealer is! When I went to the shop he said:" ...yes sir your cymbals are here, but I'm afraid there has been a slight mistake." He was all blushing... scared me to death, than he said: " it's the ride cymbal sir, I think they forgot to polish it at the factory... it's all black and dirty...
    poor guy
    Attached Files
    Nabil

2nd pic ( can't sort this out)
    Attached Files
    Nabil

Comment

Looks very sweet! Must sound great too from the looks of things.

Hey, the guy at the store was right - there IS something wrong with the ride cymbal - they put the "K" on upside down at the factory.

Enjoy your new set up!
      Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

dirty new cymbals

Nice setup you have, bro. I dig the K dry ride - great sound they have.

Play 'em in good health!
        -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I bought a 17" K dark crash about a year ago and it is one of the best sounding cymbals I've ever heard It sounds great live and in the studio. Great find! I hope they sound as good to you as they do to me. Enjoy!
          V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

Thank you guys! Yeah they do sound great and I'm very happy with them. Zendrums I think my next buy is going to be the 17" dark, because it forms an excellent "pair" with the 16", and I have had the occasion to play them simultaneously before on my teacher's kit.
            Nabil

Comment

Are those two zone or three zone? Chokeable? How are they for stick noise?

Comment

Originally posted by Rythmstik
                Are those two zone or three zone? Chokeable? How are they for stick noise?
                Well hehehe, I'd say 10000000 zones, Stick noise is the best, blasticks and brushes are even better, but they're not as chokeable as a pd9 only because of the incredible undertones and because I'm too worried about staining them, but I'll forget about that in a couple a weeks... you know, new toy fever... I could even sleep next to them
                Nabil

Comment

Comment

It's actually so dirty that you even get some of the brownish stuff if you rub it with a tissue
                    Nabil

Comment

Sabians

I just got my new AAX sabians in:

8" AAX Splash - Brilliant Finish
                      10" AAX Splash - Brilliant Finish
                      16" AAX Stage Crash - Brilliant Finish
                      18" AAX Stage Crash - Brilliant Finish
                      14" AAX Studio Crash - Brilliant Finish
                      16" AAX Studio Crash - Brilliant Finish
                      18" AAXplosion Crash - Brilliant Finish
                      14" AAX Studio Hats - Brilliant Finish (actually on back order still)
                      21" AAX Stage Ride - Brilliant Finish

I am a cymbal pimp... I will have to take a few pics tonite...

Erik

Comment

Brilliant finish IS NOT ALLOWED on this thread. We're talking dirty here.
                        Nabil

Comment

Comment

You ain't comin' anywhere near my dirty K ride you freak!
                            On the other hand, I have a couple of old sabian b8 (the budget pack) cymbals Im selling soon, and they could use a little cleaning after 5 years... so be my guest hehehe
                            Nabil

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Albator
                              [B]Speaking of Sabian cymbals Erik,

would you know whatever happened to the awesome series developped with Terry Bozzio?

Last I heard Bozzio was no longer a Sabian endorser so no more radia cymbals. Sux because I wanted them but couldn't afford them.

Comment

Working...
                              X