X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunnett, Winter NAMM 2009 Pre-view

Don't know if anyone's seen this, yet:

2009 Dunnett Winter NAMM

Sweet looking snares. I especially like the first one, very unique wood and shell construction these companies are doing now-a-days. It's amazing how many different kinds and hybrid combo's there are out there! Plus the reinforcement rings look sweet on it as well.

The little jazz kit is pretty cool too, but is it me or is the snare acutally leaning FORWARD quite a bit, how on earth would anyone be able to even play it like that?!? Hahaha.
    Check out my NEW eBay Store: V-Drum Emporium!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamCooney View Post
      The little jazz kit is pretty cool too, but is it me or is the snare acutally leaning FORWARD quite a bit, how on earth would anyone be able to even play it like that?!? Hahaha.
      I've seen jazz players set their snare up that way sometimes. I know Keith Carlock sets his snare up that way.

Gear: TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Comment

Krupa had his snare like that.
        http://gkrp.net/pic3.jpg
        sigpic

Comment

I'd say that's a pretty common snare angle for traditional grip.

Comment

Yes. Much more common with those that play traditional grip. And for those that use finger control with traditional grip by both turning the hand over and bouncing the stick on the head like a basketball, it is usually even more important to tilt the snare forward. The one traditional grip player that kind of baffles me is Steve Gadd who seems to tilt the snare towards him quite a bit.

Steve
            Roland TD-12, 4-piece kit (very downsized) setup
            http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...0&d=1180324146
            Gretsch New Classic, Yamaha & Ludwig snares
            Agop SE, Vintage A Zildjian, K, K Custom Dark, Sabian HHX Legacy
            DW Hardware

Comment

I have one of Ronns stainless snares. I went to NAMM in 2004 and bought it from him. We had a big drummer dinner at Buca De Beppo that he did that year....very fun event. The guy makes absolutely killer drums....his titanium stuff is beautiful sounding....pricey though.
              Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
              Presonus Firepod
              Reaper
              Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

Try this link.....

http://www.drumsmith.com/NAMM2009/namm2009.html
                Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
                Presonus Firepod
                Reaper
                Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

Working...
                X