Help Requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Requested

Does anybody out there own or used to own Ludwig's Octa-Plus? I would like to know the sizes of each drum. If I recall correctly it consisted of a snare, 2-bass, 8-mounted toms (hence the name 'Octa') and not sure if it was 1 or 2 floor toms. If you know of any url's that would be great.

thnx,
    -Marc.

Re: Help Requested

I thought I saw one on e-bay the other day. It has 8 toms, snare and 1 floor tom. Only 1 bass. Run a search for ludwig drums, don't use the octa part, it wasn't described as that even though it is one.

Comment

Two bass drums.

I can't find the sizes, but it must be 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16 tom toms. In those days the toms weren't deep or power. So it must be

5,5 x 6 inch
      5,5 x 8 inch
      6 x 10 inch
      8 x 12 inch
      9 x 13 inch
      10 x 14 inch
      11 x 15 inch
      12 x 16 inch
      Robert

Comment

Rob, your photo is not a true Octa-Plus. The toms all were without bottom heads so there was no h/w points. As you can see on your picture a few toms have the bottom head h/w points.

It's the actual sizes I'm after, not the kit. I don't like the sound of bottomless drums. Thnx everyone.

Comment

There was the Quadra-plus which had 4 toms.And the jully bean where every drum was a differnt color.

Comment

Thanks Again Everyone

Well my search for the drum sizes continues. However, I did learn that pehaps the "Octa" may now stand for "octave" ratherthan/aswellas "octagon" for the eight mounted toms. Harlock, your statement "shell depth didn't seem very relevant at a certain stage" throws me off.

-~

Comment

The shell depth is of little importance since the octaplus has single headed tom toms.

Marc. just curious: if you don't like the sound of bottomless drums then why you looking for an octaplus?
              Robert

Comment

Hmmmmm......

Marc, planning on building your own? Caution, drum building may become addictive. I'm getting ready to order a batch of parts for "Round 2" of drum building.
                -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr
                  The shell depth is of little importance ...
                  Really? Now I ask you to justify your response.

Comment

who the heck is this cymbal killer?
                    The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Harlock, thnx for the pics & links.

Everybody - I was only interested in the Octa sizes because this unit seemed to contain a wide range of shell sizes. Actually what I was really looking for was a list of ALL individual shell size offerings from Ludwig (bass, toms, snares, ...). I could not for the life of me find this list by navigating a site that started with the URL
                      " http://www.ludwig-drums.com ".

However, by sheer luck, I did stumble across the following link ...

http://www.ludwig-drums.com/compont.htm

I cannot figure out how or where these two websites connect, or are associated. They act like 2 separate sites! I'm stumped. Thnx again to all. Search over!

Cheers,
                      -Marc.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.
                        Harlock, thnx for the pics & links.

Everybody - I was only interested in the Octa sizes because this unit seemed to contain a wide range of shell sizes. Actually what I was really looking for was a list of ALL individual shell size offerings from Ludwig (bass, toms, snares, ...). I could not for the life of me find this list by navigating a site that started with the URL
                        " http://www.ludwig-drums.com ".

However, by sheer luck, I did stumble across the following link ...

http://www.ludwig-drums.com/compont.htm

I cannot figure out how or where these two websites connect, or are associated. They act like 2 separate sites! I'm stumped. Thnx again to all. Search over!

Cheers,
                        -Marc.

I'm glad you found what you were looking for. The top link is the home page, the second link is a page that was created and placed in the home page folder or directory on the web site. It's coming from the same site. It's kind of bad web site design but common.

Comment

Working...
                        X