Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packing Acoustic drums for shipping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packing Acoustic drums for shipping.

I just sold my Sonor Sonic Plus kit. I was wanting to know what is the best way to pack the drums up for shipping. It the first time I have packed acoustic drums for shipping to someone. All I am shipping is bass drum, snare, two rack toms, a floor tom, and all the hardware that is being shipped is kick pedal, snare stand, the the double tom holder for the toms. Anybody in here that has shipped off acoustic drums that can help me.
    Drummer 4 Him,

Ron

I had the original boxes and packing material for mine when I did it. Sounds like that might not help you. You could run by GC and ask them for some drum shipping boxes when they open display units. They just throw this stuff away. I do this when I ship guitars.
    Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute | Zildjian Ks

Comment

Hi rbdrums,

I'd suggest bubble wrap for all your racking stuff and put it in one box.
      If your drums are single head you can use bubble wrap again and put one inside the other - you should get away with 2 boxes for them.

Or you could see if the buyer is interested in buying a set of roadcases too......

Comment

Originally posted by tripp2k View Post
        I had the original boxes and packing material for mine when I did it. Sounds like that might not help you. You could run by GC and ask them for some drum shipping boxes when they open display units. They just throw this stuff away. I do this when I ship guitars.
        Originally posted by Hercules View Post
        Hi rbdrums,

I'd suggest bubble wrap for all your racking stuff and put it in one box.
        If your drums are single head you can use bubble wrap again and put one inside the other - you should get away with 2 boxes for them.

Or you could see if the buyer is interested in buying a set of roadcases too......
        Hi Tripp2k and Hercules, but your advice is a little late and useless to me, I shipped off the drums two weeks. I end up going to a UPS Store and they packed and shipped for me. They had packed two other drumset before, and the buyer told me that the drums arrive safely.
        Drummer 4 Him,

Ron

Comment

Working...
        X