X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Artist maple

anyone played them???
    sound good??
    They are made of 6ply north american maple also......but the price seems a lot better than other maple kit.

Hi
    I“ve played one and it looks beautiful and the sound is quite good, replacing factory heads on toms and snare.
    But you have to be careful with lug alignment and bass drum“s tom mount, bearing edges, shells.
    My friend“s are a bit off-center, the lugs and tom mount and I“ve seen a couple like his.
    If you want to buy, pay good attention to that.With the sound you“ll have no probs.
    Joćo freire

Comment

Premier is one of the European brands which is very under-rated. I mean everyone seems to look at todays DrumWorkshop kits or old 1950s Ludwig and Slingerlands (which weren't manufactured that well) both but Premier and Sonor make beautiful drums nowadays. You can't go wrong with this Artist Maple!
      Robert

Comment

I don't think anyone overlooks Premier or Sonor in the area of quality drums. Both have reputations for some "quirks" that American drummers might see as shortcomings, tho.

Premier drums have sometimes had a tough time when trying to fit new heads. Their sizes can seem slightly "off" when compared to, let's say, Remo heads. They might take a little tweaking to fit. Premier's newer drums, tho, are more standard than those of old, and the construction has always been on par with the rest of the industry.

Sonor makes damned fine drums. They do have the distinction of being the only large drum manufacturer that doesn't utilize standard drum-key tuning lugs. Sonor always claimed that this was an advantage, since you could use a screwdriver to tune the drums, but this may slip out of the slot whereas the drum key is secure on all 4 sides. The drums & hardware are of typical fine German engineering, tho, which I admire greatly... Heck, my wife drives a German car!

Whatever the case, there are some damned fine drums made in Europe. Not to mention Paiste cymbals!!!

-Danny

-Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

On a general note, I've played Premier exclusively for nearly 42 years and I've yet to experience problems. Spares have been easy and cheap to obtain (unlike Roland's, I hasten to add). This German engineering myth is overplayed to justify high pricing. My friend has a new and expensive German car which has been off the road more than on it because of faults the garage can't solve. I drive a new and excellent French car, but I don't think I'd buy French drums! (I can only remember ASBA)

Go with Premier - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Comment

Reminds me of a joke I heard long ago:

Heaven is where all the chefs are French, the cars are German, the tailors are English, and the police are Swiss.

Hell is where the chefs are English, the cars are French, the tailors are Swiss, and the police are German!

All in good fun,
            -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

MMmmmmm...... Murcielago.

Can't go wrong if you're driving the Italian Stallion or riding The Bull. Italian sex appeal can't be beat. And that has nothing to do with the fact that my wife is Italian-American!
              -Danny

Comment

Originally posted by fartnokker

Premier drums have sometimes had a tough time when trying to fit new heads. Their sizes can seem slightly "off" when compared to, let's say, Remo heads. They might take a little tweaking to fit.

When you talk about the 1970s kits, you're right. The drumshells weren't always properly round (too much booze at work)
                From late 1980s the Premiers are perfectly round but undersizes. This means that standard drumheads still float. Premier has a goal with this: more resonating drums.
                Robert

Comment

I've gotta say that all of the current Premier kits I've played (Signia & Genista) have been very nice. Good sound, nice finishes. I generally like British products -- those that don't contain Lucas (aka: Prince of Darkness) electrics, that is...
                  -Danny

Comment

Working...
                  X