Acoustic drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic drums

Here's a picture of my drums that I've been playing for the last 30 years.
    http://www.metrocast.net/~rhythm/psychred.JPG

5 piece Ludwig Rocker in Psychedelic Red finish w/ pre-serial # supraphonic snare and Zildjian cymbals, Tama hi-hat stand and cymbal stands.
    I got this set new in 1971 for my 16th birthday.

------------------
    Woody
    Woody

2002 Purple V-Session w/PM-3 monitor-TDA-700 amplifier

1971 Psychedelic Red Ludwig Rockers with Zildjian cymbals

Woody,
    Nice kit.
    I am in NH too near Keene, where are you? I have no idea where Gilmanton is.

------------------
    Jeff, using...
    td 8,PD-120,
    pintech pads,gibraltor rack, JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, BBE 462 yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.
    The original Gig Pig.

Comment

ah, the beautiful sight of a traditional grip set-up.

Comment

I like the kit. Question, do you notice any difference between how you remember your kit sounding in '71 compared to today? I ask because I've been looking at a lot of "vintage" gear lately and am wondering if paying for something made decades ago is worthwhile when I can buy something made last week.
        td-6, pro-mark, remo, sabian, dw, tama rockstar.

Comment

Acidbran, I live near the Lake Region, Laconia, in central N.H.

Industrial drummer, the kit actually sounds better today than it did 30 years ago.
          I use Evans hydraulic heads on the toms and a Bear percussion batter head on the snare.
          Last year I got Zildjian Constantinople 22" med ride and 16" crash cymbals.
          I don't think it sounds any better than the drums they make today, it's just I'm used to it more, myself. Heck, the drums today are probably better than the old ones.
          Digitsone, I play mostly matched grip, but, learned to play traditional when I started to take lessons in 1965, since back then that's all they taught until Billy Cobham blew it all open with matched.
          I play both matched and traditional.

------------------
          Woody
          Woody

2002 Purple V-Session w/PM-3 monitor-TDA-700 amplifier

1971 Psychedelic Red Ludwig Rockers with Zildjian cymbals

Comment

Working...
          X