Paiste Formula 602 Cymbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paiste Formula 602 Cymbals

Does anyone know anything about these. I have had them for over 10 years and just recently pulled them out along with my Ludwig set. I did some research on them and discovered they were made in the 60's and came with the Ludwig kit. I didn't realize they were that old. They are in perfect condition and look brand new. I haven't used them in a few years since I bought my V-concert set but know I'm not sure I should play them. I'm afraid of cracking them.

I have a 602 that I inherited. It is my favorite one of the bunch. I have been pounding on it for quite awhile, so I would say that if they appear to be in good condition play em'!

Comment

602's were made thru at least 1981. I love my HH's. Wish i had some 602 crashes and splashes.

Comment

In the 1970s Paiste concentrated on the more tight sounding B8 bronze cymbals. Their most succesful series was the 2002.

As an alternative Paiste still offered the Formula 602 cymbals which were introduced in 1959. The 602 cymbals were made of the more broad sounding B20 bronze. Many studio and jazz drummers used them.
        Robert

Comment

I think they are a jazz set from what I have been reading. I know they are pre mid 70's because there is no serial number on them. From what info I got, those cymbals came with the Ludwig set marketed as a jazz set mid to late 60's. That is why I don't think they are early 70's but I'm not 100% sure. Nice sounding thou.

Comment

I have a 602 16" medium crash and it's one of the best all-around crashes I've ever owned. 602s have a reputation for being "jazz" cymbals, but I've found a good home for my crash playing some pretty aggressive rock........
            TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

I have a set of 14" extra heavy 602's I have had for nearly18 years now and they are the best sounding hats I have ever owned or played.
              I have owned many others too, why did they kill some of the finest cymbals ever played?
              The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Originally posted by acidbran:
                ... why did they kill some of the finest cymbals ever played?
                Paiste concentrated on the typical rock cymbals from the mid 1980s. However: what is a rock cymbal? In 1989 they offered the broad sounding Line series and later even the Traditional. Time can change...
                Robert

Comment

Working...
                X