Taye Drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taye Drums

Anyone have a Taye drum kit? I was just wondering if they are any good? I recently bought a Taye kick pedal(For my V-Club kit) and was very impressed with how well built it was. The salesman at my local store said that it was former employees of Ayotte that started Taye. The Kits he had in stock seemed like they were good quality, They soounded pretty good anyway. Anybody tried them?

I'd be curious to know more about 'em, too. Haven't seen much on them, other than their minimalist ads. They seem classy, tho, unlike some other companies (i.e.- Peace drum company).
    -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Now they have a homepage. http://www.taye.com

look at their lugs, looks like our pd-100/120 lugs but a little bit shorter.

the studio maple set looks very attractive......
      and the tour pro (brown one) seems not bad too!!

a 6 piece tour pro set sell around $800 in Hong Kong.

Originally posted by fartnokker:
      I'd be curious to know more about 'em, too. Haven't seen much on them, other than their minimalist ads. They seem classy, tho, unlike some other companies (i.e.- Peace drum company).

Comment

Originally posted by fartnokker:
        Haven't seen much on them, other than their minimalist ads.
        Indeed. Over here in the Netherlands they don't advertise with endorsers, but if you buy a Taye drumset, there's a chance that you can be in their add...

------------------
        http://mpcman.flappie.nl
        Music was my first love...

Comment

Taye Drums have been around for over 26 years. We have been building drums and hardware for other drum makers for companies all over the world.

In the past couple of years we decided to produce our own model line and sell it under our factory name Tay-e. We have taken our the - in the name and its now Taye Drums.

One of the companies we built drums and hardware for was Ayotte Drums. When Ray Ayotte (the founder of Ayotte Drums) left his company first we worked for us as a consultant, now he is president of Taye Music Inc, in Canada. Ray Ayotte is also the designer of the hardware. His reputation is a very high quality product for a very high cost. With Taye Drum, its a very high product for a low cost. The reason we can do that you may ask? Factory direct. We basically sell factory direct.

Please visit our web site www.taye.com

If you have anyother questions please e-mail me. [email protected]

------------------
          Jeremy Locke
          Taye Drum Company
          909-628-9589
          Jeremy Locke
          Taye Drum Company
          909-628-9589

Comment

I bought a Taye snare yesterday~~~
            6x14 studiomaple 10ply