Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tama Tension Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tama Tension Watch

Hey, guys -

Anyone familiar with the Tama Tension Watch as a tuning aid? I need a quick way to check tunings between sets on my accoustics, and can't make alot of noise.

Thanks!

- Hans
    - Hans

It's just a small and quick aid. Not more than that. Other than musical instruments, which are electronically tuned, drum tuning is still influenced by (too many) tension bolds, material, irregularities in drum heads and (even) irregularities in shell construction, moisture, etc.

So: don't expect too much from it.
    Robert

Comment

I read the faq on tama.com breifly, and it seems a lot more effort than it's worth. A good idea though.
      td-6, pro-mark, remo, sabian, dw, tama rockstar.

Comment

As far as I know the results vary. On some kits with some heads it is no use and on other kits it works perfect!
        So there's a bit of luck you need I guess.

------------------
        My Personal homepage
        MPCman's E-drum Picsite!
        Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
          As far as I know the results vary. On some kits with some heads it is no use and on other kits it works perfect!
          So there's a bit of luck you need I guess.

I have one and MPCman is correct. I use it for quickness sometimes, but you can not better the tuning to ear on acoustics

Comment

i have one and i personally find it very useful. it's fast and helps me tune easily to various pitches/intervals between my toms. i find it less useful on my snare and kick drums. it's hardly very much effort to use the thing. most drummers i know that can even tune halfway decently can spend hours getting an even sound - with this tool it can take literally under 2 minutes.

Comment

Working...
            X