Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up your V rack to fit an acoustic kick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up your V rack to fit an acoustic kick.

Has anyone else done this? Well, it's a pain in the ass to rearange anything on the V-pro rack. but! it can be done.

Just use the allen wrench they give you and start taking the whole thing apart, it works.
    http://www.evolbeats.com

Haven't tried it,but I'm pretty sure an acoustic set would be too heavy for this rack,which barely stands the PDs.
    Nabil

Comment

Funnily enough I tried attaching my snare basket to the rack using a modified snare stand. The V-rack handled it fine, although I had to do the clamp up very tight. With a Dixon clamp it was perfectly solid.

While the Roland clamps aren't top class, the rack arms themselves are very strong. Easily strong enough for a complete accoustic kit.

Comment

I do believe he meant using an acoustic bass drum which you would trigger, to get a more natural look. Also, the pd-100+120's are remo acousticon shells. But I would have to agree that no, the v-drum rack probably would not hold a 12" rack tom.

topics are fun

[This message has been edited by Anx (edited March 11, 2001).]

Comment

actually i've done the following.

i played in a group where there were a lot of samples/sequences running along with our live playing and i was the one that triggered them (hit a pad connected to my old TD-7 brain and via MIDI to a Kurzweil for those interested).
          because of a lack of space and tom holders/stands i mounted the 12" on the TD-7 in front of me (where you normally put it, if you're with me) and the 13" to the right like a suspended floor tom. the different pads and drums/cymbals then followed. it didn't ever give me any problems and those were my TAMA power toms so weight is not an issue.
          i have to say this set up was used maximum 5 hours at a time, i'm not saying you can put them there and leave them on forever, but ... it can be done. btw, i even used the cymbal holders for what they're really made for (yes yes, cymbals !)

if i ever find time i'll set them up like this again and show a picture.

frank.

Comment

wow, i never look in this fourm.

I just wanted to do it so my bass drum would fit under the V TOMS.

I got rid of it, it was a pain in the arse to hit my V Kick. But fun, a great waste of time
            http://www.evolbeats.com

Comment

Originally posted by cgrieves:
              Funnily

Comment

http://projects.ghostwheel.com/dicti...define=funnily

Comment

Originally posted by frank from europe:
                  actually i've done the following.

i played in a group where there were a lot of samples/sequences running along with our live playing and i was the one that triggered them (hit a pad connected to my old TD-7 brain and via MIDI to a Kurzweil for those interested).
                  because of a lack of space and tom holders/stands i mounted the 12" on the TD-7 in front of me (where you normally put it, if you're with me) and the 13" to the right like a suspended floor tom. the different pads and drums/cymbals then followed. it didn't ever give me any problems and those were my TAMA power toms so weight is not an issue.
                  i have to say this set up was used maximum 5 hours at a time, i'm not saying you can put them there and leave them on forever, but ... it can be done. btw, i even used the cymbal holders for what they're really made for (yes yes, cymbals !)

if i ever find time i'll set them up like this again and show a picture.

frank.
                  Hello Frank,
                  I play an acoustic set with triggers for a TD-8 brain. I am very interested in how to get sequences triggered with the TD-8 to [play along with the live music. Can you tell me how?

Comment

Working...
                  X