X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DW "Tunerz"

I just found this on Harmony-Central.com;

DW "Tunerz" Provide Simple, Secure Drum Tuning System

November 24, 2001 -- Developed in conjunction with master-drummer Terry Bozzio, DW "Tunerz" represent a step forward in the art of drum tuning.

The unique (patent pending) design combines tension rods with notched heads and interlocking flex-receivers to create a system that prevents de-tuning during playing while also providing a method for even, incremental tuning of any drum.

With a suggested retail price of $19.95, the rods are available in convenient 10-packs in a choice of DW's True-Pitch (5mm) or standard (10-24) threads to replace conventional 1 3/8'', 1 5/8'', 2 1/4'' and 2 3/4'' long tension rods.

For more information, visit their web site at www.dwdrums.com.

----- http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/2001/DW-Tunerz.html

Anybody tried them yet? Or see Terry Bozzio use them? It seems interesting to me

------------------
    http://mpcman.flappie.nl
    Music was my first love...

These are basically the same thing as a product called "Index Tension" tuning rods, which were invented by Ned Steinberger and marketed by RhythmTech. I think they were introduced around '94. I'm not sure how well they caught on or if they're still in production, but I do recall them being pretty expensive......
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

there's info about them in drum! magazine this month too.
      td-6, pro-mark, remo, sabian, dw, tama rockstar.

Comment

Canopus uses a similar product, named Bolt-Tight. Same principle, and, like the Ned Steinberger/RhythmTech version, been around longer than the DW clone.

Stu
        "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

According to all the official information I've seen, the Canopus Bolt-Tite is a new product for their drums...
          "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

Canopus is rather slow in updating their site and literature, they've had the Bolt-Tights for 2 or 3 years now.

Stu
            "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Working...
            X