Drum Temerature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Temerature

I have recently come under a storage crisis for my A's. I need to rent a public storage unit for my drums and I don't know if I should rent a climate controlled unit or not. I live in Chicago and gig weekly. Everything is in cases. What is a safe temperatute so that all of my gear won't be destroyed? I also have PA equipment as well as my amp for my E's. Someone help me please!
    V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Don't skimp, get a climate controlled storage facility for your a's! Best temperature for storing them is at between 70 and 80 degrees, and best have a dehumidifier running in case the room is a little on the damp side, otherwise you could encounter ply separation and horrible stains on cymbals and hardware.

Stu
    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Temperature extremes and humidity = death to acoustics.
      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Thanks for the assurance, guys. I think I knew it all along, but I needed some outside influence. Thanks even more for ignoring my terrible spelling! Happy New Year everyone! Happy drumming!
        V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

Working...
        X