Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boom Theory Acoustics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boom Theory Acoustics

Just a FYI for you people... I am going to carry the Boom Theory line of acoutsics real soon. They have some of the best quality I have seen in drum building (they built the SpaceMuffins line)... I will offer them with various hardware packages & ddrum trigger packages...

I am pumped about these drums and want to know if any of you have ever seen/played them for yourselves. Musicians Friend used to carry them.

They will be all maple, and around $1250 on up...

Erik
    SEPdrums

I like keeping my acoustic kit acoustic and having extra pads for electronics. My custom kit, in the planning/ordering stage, is a 7-piece birdseye maple kit with Trick lugs and Ludwig Accent tom brackets on Pearl ISS mounts. 2.3mm hoops on everything but the bass drum and the snare batter.

BTW, I like that purple spark snare!! The chrome hardware really accents it well.

[This message has been edited by Stoovey (edited December 30, 2001).]
    "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stoovey:
      I like keeping my acoustic kit acoustic and having extra pads for electronics. My custom kit, in the planning/ordering stage, is a 7-piece birdseye maple kit with Trick lugs and Ludwig Accent tom brackets on Pearl ISS mounts. 2.3mm hoops on everything but the bass drum and the snare batter.

BTW, I like that purple spark snare!! The chrome hardware really accents it well.

[This message has been edited by Stoovey (edited December 30, 2001).]
      I've read lots of negative comments on the ISS mounts. It depends on the drum itself as well, but it happens quit frequent to people that they tune a drum, then when it gets mounted the tuning changes because the tom is mounted on the rim.
      I've also read that the tension rods near the ISS mount had become lose during play.

You'd better pay a little more for a system like Pearl's Optimount, Tama Starcast or any form of RIMS.

Good luck with whatever mounting system you take

------------------
      http://mpcman.flappie.nl
      Music was my first love...

Comment

Working...
      X