Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum FAQs section for answers to forum related FAQs.

My new acoustics (:

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TestaRossa
    Registered Member
    • 11-2004

My new acoustics (:

Proud to be a pigs owner after 7 years without any acoustic kit. nothing beats the vibe from custom made kit.

Amazing sound. No hard time on tuning. The bass drum sounds like a a cannon!
    22x20
    12x8
    16x14
    14x7
    Satin finish.
    (The camera and location are not helping...)
    Attached Files
    A-kit:

E-kit:[B]
  • Alan VEX
    VDrums Forum Administrator
    • 10-2004

Congrats! Porks rule!
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

• Michael Render
      Registered Member
      • 05-2005

What a fabulous color. I have a buddy who plays Pork Pie and they sound fantastic. Congratulations.
      sigpic

Comment

• Bobvan
        Registered Member
        • 04-2008

Nice! But what I dont get why the frowny expression with your thread LOL!!

And I agree v drums are the bomb but nothing beats a good sounding A kit to play with musicians.
        Last edited by Bobvan; 07-06-08, 07:55 PM.
        Nothing retired.

Comment

• vjboc
          Registered Member
          • 05-2008

Nice set . The color is nice. A couple of crashes and a china and you're set.
          Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

• TestaRossa
            Registered Member
            • 11-2004

Originally posted by vjboc
            Nice set . The color is nice. A couple of crashes and a china and you're set.
            Thanks. I do have a set of cymbals (minus the china). This is my friends studio
            I'll have decent pics in the near future including the Pork throne (:
            A-kit:

Comment

• vdrummer20
              Registered Member
              • 03-2008

Very nice. I never played them but people love the sound. Yeah you need a massive china on that kit!

Comment

• Bobvan
                Registered Member
                • 04-2008

Im curious about the porkers, never heard of these drums (Probably because I am in Canada) or I missed them. Are they expensive ? or are they on the same line as the DW PDP kit which actually sound real good for a kit thats worth less then a grand.
                Nothing retired.

Comment

• TestaRossa
                  Registered Member
                  • 11-2004

Yes, They are expensive, I paid $2500 for this beauty.
                  Those kits are custom made and the same level as OCDP, SPAUN, AYOTTE and other small drum , DW and all hi end kits.
                  They are made in the US. All maple shells and hand built.
                  You can find some sets in for sale in Guitar Center. They also have an entry level 4 pc. set called "Little Squeiller". But its made in Taiwan (Thats why it cost $1200)
                  You can check their web: www.porkpiedrums.com
                  A-kit:

Comment

• TestaRossa
                    Registered Member
                    • 11-2004

Originally posted by Bobvan
                    Im curious about the porkers, never heard of these drums (Probably because I am in Canada) or I missed them. Are they expensive ? or are they on the same line as the DW PDP kit which actually sound real good for a kit thats worth less then a grand.
                    Small drum shop in California, custom built sets. Like Ayotte or OCDP. Hi end kits only.
                    As for level, With all do respect for PDP, You're talking about pro drums. not 799$ set. You can put this set in the ring with DW and above. (I myself had my eyes on Starclassic Bubinga)
                    A-kit:

Comment

• Bobvan
                      Registered Member
                      • 04-2008

Originally posted by TestaRossa
                      Small drum shop in California, custom built sets. Like Ayotte or OCDP. Hi end kits only.
                      As for level, With all do respect for PDP, You're talking about pro drums. not 799$ set. You can put this set in the ring with DW and above. (I myself had my eyes on Starclassic Bubinga)

Wow thats cool! Were limited in Canada compared to what you guys have access to in the states. I just never heard of them good on you!

Funny you mention the strarclassics they had an orange sparkle kit that I was considering if they refused my offer on the DW'S which they obviously accepted.
                      Last edited by Bobvan; 07-07-08, 04:20 PM.
                      Nothing retired.

Comment

• TestaRossa
                        Registered Member
                        • 11-2004

Originally posted by Bobvan
                        Wow thats cool! Were limited in Canada compared to what you guys have access to in the states. I just never heard of them good on you!

Funny you mention the strarclassics they had an orange sparkle kit that I was considering if they refused my offer on the DW'S which they obviously accepted.

My problem with the Starclassic was the ugly sparkling purple finish... yack...
                        Here's some hi end drum shop links:

This is the homepage of Spaun Drum Company. A high quality manufacturer of musical drum kits and snare drums. You can find maple drum kits, birch drum kits, mahogany drum kits, walnut drum kits, cherry drum kits and more. You can also find a wide variety of snare drums made from maple, birch, mahogany, cherry and more.

A-kit:

Comment

• Jack_
                          Registered Member
                          • 03-2008

Nice! There's a 3 piece Pork Pie for sale locally that caught my eye. They're asking $1500. Fair deal for $1500? 20" bass, 12" and 16" tom. No snare.

Comment

• Bobvan
                            Registered Member
                            • 04-2008

Originally posted by TestaRossa
                            My problem with the Starclassic was the ugly sparkling purple finish... yack...
                            Here's some hi end drum shop links:

This is the homepage of Spaun Drum Company. A high quality manufacturer of musical drum kits and snare drums. You can find maple drum kits, birch drum kits, mahogany drum kits, walnut drum kits, cherry drum kits and more. You can also find a wide variety of snare drums made from maple, birch, mahogany, cherry and more.

http://www.dccalifornia.com/
                            sparkling purple finish.

Thats just wrong on so many levels

Hey thanks for the links nice stuff!
                            Nothing retired.

Comment

• Bobvan
                              Registered Member
                              • 04-2008

Originally posted by Jack_
                              Nice! There's a 3 piece Pork Pie for sale locally that caught my eye. They're asking $1500. Fair deal for $1500? 20" bass, 12" and 16" tom. No snare.
                              I paid around $3800 in total for my DW'S with the pearl snare thats w/out hardware.

Mind you thats new from the store.

If they are as good as DW's its obviously a decent deal.
                              Last edited by Bobvan; 07-08-08, 12:04 AM.
                              Nothing retired.

Comment

Working...