Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My DW Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DW Kit

I got a few weeks back
    Attached Files
    Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Hey Bobvan,

Very nice drumset!
    I have a Pearl drumset with a Liquid Amber Finish, it looks like your DW finish.
    What is the finish on your set?, the kick looks like it is a 26".
    Good luck,

Steve
    Roland TDW-20/HPD-15/ Korg Wavedrums/Vexpressions
    Vdrumlib.

Comment

I like pearls. I had a BLX 18 years ago, had a nice deep sound. Same reason I like DW's a lot of oomph!

Ha the illusion of photography! Its a 22 x 18 kick!
      Last edited by Bobvan; 07-06-08, 04:31 AM.

Comment

That is a great looking kit! What color and type finish is it?

Comment

Gorgeous grain and color. As a recent DW purchaser myself I understand the excitement. Those things tune up nice and sound realy punchy!
          sigpic

Comment

JD its a yellowish wood grain, It looks like a lacquer finish. My wife thinks its ugly she calls it cat barf yellow LOL!. In all seriousness she did encourage me to buy them.
            I don't really play pro anymore she knows I have wanted DW's for years.

Thanks Mike. I didn't get the killer deal you got, very nice kit BTW, but I still got a bit of a deal
            Last edited by Bobvan; 07-06-08, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Bob,
              Thanks for the info. I'm usually not a fan of anything yellow, but your kit looks great in that color with the wood grain showing. I hope you the best with it and you have fun playing it.

Take Care, JD....

Comment

Great looking kit there. I've always wanted a DW kit. No place to put them right now though. Enjoy!!!
                Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Thanks guys along with having a Vkit to play @ home. I love both kits.

Both kits cost roughly the same a TD-20 would of (My Td 9 is maxed out il be posting pics of it some time soon)

I gotta say I think I hit the jackpot with the partner I chose to marry

She plays the violin / viola so shes does have an understanding of a good musical instrument. Today I went back to the music store due to the fact that I did not like the miss match between the Sonic bright wood snare (As seen in the kit pics) and the yellow of the DW's. The Sonic snare is really good sounding for $50.00. (It's actually maple wood)

I though chrome would match better. All the chrome snares they had in the same price range sounded like tin cans.

Then they had a beautiful dark chrome Chad Smith signature pearl snare they were putting a head on. I tried it loved it!

I go back to meet my wife told her how there were not any good cheap chrome snares and mentioned the pearl. She says why cheap out on the snare after getting a quality kit? I really was not crazy about the DW snare that originally was offered with the kit not worth a grand IMO. I was planning on getting a good snare later on.

Anyhow they knocked a little over $100.00 off and I got it for $220.00 tax in!
                  Last edited by Bobvan; 07-07-08, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Beautiful kit Bob!
                    Alan
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by amonline View Post
                      Beautiful kit Bob!
                      Thanks AL with the new snare it should even look better

Here is a quick pic of it : http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...t=P1050001.jpg
                      Last edited by Bobvan; 07-06-08, 07:26 PM.

Comment

I had one of those for about 5 years... absolutely loved it with a Evans ST Dry on it.
                        Alan
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Awesome finish!!! shine shine shine. And I dig your set up.
                          A-kit:

E-kit:[B]

Comment

Bob that is a sweet set of drums. Nice snare to. I bet they sound great. I have a free float snare that i've had for years. Pearl makes nice stuff.
                            Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Originally posted by vjboc View Post
                              Bob that is a sweet set of drums. Nice snare to. I bet they sound great. I have a free float snare that i've had for years. Pearl makes nice stuff.
                              Not only that but its a quality snare for a little over $200.00 new.

And a good snare sound is important since in rock your playing mostly snare, kick and hats to keep a good groovy solid beat!

Comment

Working...
                              X