Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zildjians For Sell or Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zildjians For Sell or Trade

Hi guys. Well i have gone totally Roland, so I've got several Zildjian's I'm no longer using. New Beat High Hats, splashes, medium thin and paper thin crashes, china, and an amir ride. If anyone is interested in either buying or trading for Roland gear, please email me at [email protected] I have a digital camera, so I would gladly send pics at your request. Thanks!

I am interested in the splashes.... you mentioned trades for gear.... what do you need - ecymbals..triggers?? ??? I have some demo gear in, and can get whatever... Lemme know!!

Erik
    SEPdrums

Comment

DON'T DO IT!!!!

Although you have probably made up your mind, I would strongly suggest keeping your acoustic cymbals.
      I remember selling off my cymbals when I got my v-drums. I now look back on that as the worst move I ever made.
      I have now had to outlay thousands on getting my cymbal collection back together.
      My advice is to save for a bit longer to get your extra pads. Keep your cymbals for down the road, I guarantee that you will use them again.
      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Steveo, just curious, why did you end up buying more accoustics later? I mean, i'm completely happy with my vdrums, but granted, I haven't played out with them yet. Did you find that when playing out, you really needed accoustic cymbals? I'd love to hear more from you...Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by I Beat It:
          Steveo, just curious, why did you end up buying more accoustics later? I haven't played out with them yet. Did you find that when playing out, you really needed accoustic cymbals?
          There are several reasons why I went back to acoustics.
          Firstly - acoustics have an expressibility that (at this stage) no electronic drum can match. Granted, the TDW-1 makes a huge difference with the cymbals but they still fall a long way short of the real thing. I doubt there would be too many e-drummers out there who would dispute that.
          Secondly - acoustic cymbals have a aesthetic appeal to the audience and to myself. Now strickly speaking this is not a real reason to ditch e-cymbals (and there are alternatives out there - Hart etc) but combined with the above reason, it was reason enough. In the bands that I play in, we like to put on a show for the crowd, so they get more than just good music, the get good entertainment. In my years of e-drums I have found people love to see acoustic cymbals under lights - has a stage presense that is unbeatable. E-stuff certainly looks different and cool but there is not that 'oooooohh' sort of reaction to seeing all that bronze reacting with the lights.
          Thirdly - I now combine electric and acoustic cymbals. This enables me to get an arsenal of 'different' type sounds from the e-cymbals while still having the expressiblity of the traditional acoutics.
          I mean, i'm completely happy with my vdrums,
          I too was stoked with my vdrums, I couldn't EVER imagine returning to acoustics - the very idea was repugnant to me. However, given time and experience the 'honeymoon' phase of the drums wore off and I found myself wishing to get a 'ping' off the bell on the high hat, or crashing a ride cymbal, or getting a 'flat stick' sound from my ride, or generating beautiful swells followed by a sharp crash without having to change kits to do it all.

While it certainly seems like the sky is the limit at the moment and you cannot fault your vdrums, there will come a time when you will want to do something different with it - it is always good keeping your options open.

Best of luck whichever way you go. Main thing is that you enjoy yourself - just my $0.02
          Steve

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

This is the setup I was using about 6 months ago, I now use an acoustic kick as well. Sorry about the photo quality - will try to find a better pic soon.
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            X