Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Acoustic Cymbals with provided V hardware...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Acoustic Cymbals with provided V hardware...?

I am considering using acoustic cymbals live in conjunction with my vpros. How the hell do you go about mounting say a 22" or so ride on the provided boom arms provided with the v kit? I mean, I have my ride pad mounted just to the right of the 2nd rack tom, and I like my cymbals very low. Especially the ride. I have been playing for 14 years, and I have always played with my cymbals as low as comfortably possible. The lower and closer the cymbals to the rest of your kit = speed, right? right. Anyway, my 9" rubber pad already covers part of the 2nd rack tom, and I wanted to know if anybody had any ideas as to fit a nice sized ride into the position I need it to be in.
    thanks.....

First: reduce the number of parts at your drum kit. Second: try to position two tom toms at your left and put the ride next to it. Just like the old big band drummers did, when they had a ride on their bass drum. I think the ride is the most important cymbal to have close by. You can stretch your arms for a crash, so you can hang them a bit higher.
    Robert

Comment

I, too, like my cymbals pretty low, and keep my ride over the floor tom...

I wouldn't use the boom that come with the Vs to mount real cymbals, especially a 22" ride...too heavy.

Additionally, if you ever go to the studio, do the engineer (and ultimately, yourself) a favor and mount the cymbals as high as you can stand them...For micing reasons, this keeps them from bleeding onto all the drums tracks...Of course, if you are recording with V-drums, you don't need to concern yourself with this.

Just some thoughts.
      redbrick
      My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Originally posted by redbrick:

Additionally, if you ever go to the studio, do the engineer (and ultimately, yourself) a favor and mount the cymbals as high as you can stand them...For micing reasons, this keeps them from bleeding onto all the drums tracks...Of course, if you are recording with V-drums, you don't need to concern yourself with this.
        I'll keep that in mind, thanks for sharing that knowledge with us

Music was my first love...

Comment

Working...
        X