Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't think of the manufacturer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't think of the manufacturer

Back in the mid to late 80's I had my first acoustic drum set.

It was a 5 piece, black, with power toms (1" deeper than regular toms).

I bought it used for about $250 and played the devil out of it for about 2 years, then moved up to a much nicer Yamaha set (and continued to purchase bigger and better sets).

My original set was an odd brand, and I can't for the life of me remember it. I was feeling a bit nostalgic and wanted to see if I could find any info but dang if I can't remember the manufacturer.

Does anyone remember some of the lesser known drum kit manufacturers of the late 80's?

CB700? Remo? Royce? (doubtful) There are more... those were the first that came to mind.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

http://www.vintagedrummuseum.com/
      They list a lot of the off-brands from the 70's and 80's. See if any of those jog your mind.
      sigpic

Comment

How bout ROC? i had one of those kits in the 80.s. it was a 8 piece wine red set with square sized single headed rack toms, 10x10 12x12 13x13 14x14, a 16x16 floor tom, 2 16x22 kicks and a 8 x14 wood snare. i think that set cost around 600.00 - 800.00 bucks. not sure of the wood it was made of but cheap!!
        Last edited by jammin777; 06-29-08, 01:56 AM.
        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Working...
        X