Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The $1000 Custom DW Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The $1000 Custom DW Kit

The local GC screwed up a custom order and got the wrong finish. I just picked up their mistake for $1000.
    22" Kick - 8", 10", 12", 14" and 16" Toms.
    Jason Forte, my son, is happier than a clam!

sigpic

"Some guys have all the luck!" (sung in the style of Rod Stewart in the '80s)

That's some kinda sweeeet deal on such a beautiful kit!!

Congratulations... to you and your son!
    VDrums: a cluster of bits including TDW-20 and TD-3 modules, KD-85, PD-85(2), PD-8(5), CY-12(3), CY-8(2), CY-5(3), Kit Toys china, all on an MDS-6SL+ rack, SPD-S, VEX, VDL
    ZDrums: a Zendrum ZCSZX
    ADrums: an eight piece Tama Rockstar kit with lots o' Zildjians
    Gender-Conflicted Drums: a stock PDP Chameleon with a few Zildjians (a conversion just waiting to happen... then it can go both ways!)

Comment

Wow. Nice deal Mike! Congrats!
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Wow!!!

You Dog !!
        My color too!!
        Fantastic snatch.
        Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy(all the guys got together to thank you for putting on Future Drum !)

PS: Michael, here's a shot of Jo Jo Mayer @ a master clinic I attended...I've got some good shots & 3 short videos if you are interested in seeing them. Great guy, & an unbelievable drummer in person. Check him out if you get the chance.

Best to all, AlienFunk
        Attached Files
        Last edited by alienfunk; 05-13-08, 09:41 PM.

Comment

If they ever do that again and let you know about it, give me a shout. I love mistakes!
          Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute | Zildjian Ks

Comment

Thats a killer kit Michael, and I love the color.
            I can't believe someone would pass on that 'mistake'...

Good for you though!
            Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Congratulations! That is such an awesome deal.

Enjoy!
              -SD-

Comment

The mistake was that it was a satin finish instead of a laquer finish. GC has to reorder the proper finish for the customer. So this kit sat in the showroom for a year. They needed to make room for some Pacific kits, so voila.

This was the exact same configuration I was looking for. I was about to drop some coin on a Mapex Saturn Studio when this turned up.

I know they have a few more DW kits in the back, I will check if they are selling those also.

And AF, bring on the Jo-Jo, He is a monster.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                  The mistake was that it was a satin finish instead of a laquer finish. GC has to reorder the proper finish for the customer. So this kit sat in the showroom for a year. They needed to make room for some Pacific kits, so voila.

This was the exact same configuration I was looking for. I was about to drop some coin on a Mapex Saturn Studio when this turned up.

I know they have a few more DW kits in the back, I will check if they are selling those also.

And AF, bring on the Jo-Jo, He is a monster.
                  ok so what gives that this was in the showroom for over a year and not sold at that price? I'll take 3 of those....heck, I'll even make em face the wall too

Comment

Not really a DW person myself, but thats one heck of a deal! Nice one Mike!

Comment

Very nice. Congrats!

Comment

Adopt me please.... !
                        I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Best lookin' mistake I've ever seen. Congrats!
                          >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
                            Adopt me please.... !
                            Aww, you would just convert it to eDrums.
                            Wait.... that's not such a bad idea!
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh no, here we go!

Comment

Working...
                              X