Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the best acoustic Hihat mankind ever made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you can also do, choose another cheaper bottom hi-hat cymbal (quite heavy), and combine it with your desired top.

I did that with my constantinople hi-hat top, the benny greb 14" bottom (just below 1500 gramm range) is way cheaper than constantinople bottom, the benny greb sand hat bottom even sounds nicer than the thinner constantinople bottoms, better, louder chick, more aggressive open....so my used 14" hybrid hi-hat sounds better and is 1/3 cheaper than original....on reverb are some 14" Paiste dark energy MK1 tops for around 250 Euro https://reverb.com/marketplace?query...20hi-hat%20top

Again I have no experience if the specs/sounds/weight are as similar/tight like 602/602ME/2002, with Zildjian Constantinople pitch and sounds is often way different, so be sure to hear it before you buy, my zildjian top is way deeper pitched and less zingy than the second constantinople I tried.
    Last edited by Ribot; 06-27-20, 11:20 AM.
    Desktop PC I5 Asus, Asus P8Z77, RME AIO, RME ADI2pro, RME Digiface USB, Mac Air 2014, Zoom Tac2r, Apollo Twin MKI Solo TD30, Vh13, Drum Tec pro pads, BFD3, Henry Hirsch, Peter Erskine, Evil Drums, Superior 3.0, Decades, Cubase 10, Reaper, Ludwig 67 Kit all sizes from 22, Ludwig Cob, 4*14, Slingerland 50s, Paiste Modern Ess, Zildjian Constantinople

Comment

yeah, i have a heavy bottom 1350 gram quick beat (flat) it's a pretty good 'chick' and i ordered a pair of paiste 2002 (just on weight)
      one time .. but the top was 'too thin' ..so, i ended up using the 2002 bottom on my right aux HH, which sounded better like that
      (the bottom also changed the sound of the top/ closed) but now i don't want to 'gamble' any top pitch variables, by ordering online,
      and not hearing it paired with my bottom cymbal.. US shipping and import for me would make things too expensive, did UK though..
      Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...981512-74-3490

do not know seller, sorry they are not! dark energy...complicated range
        Last edited by Ribot; 06-27-20, 12:53 PM.
        Desktop PC I5 Asus, Asus P8Z77, RME AIO, RME ADI2pro, RME Digiface USB, Mac Air 2014, Zoom Tac2r, Apollo Twin MKI Solo TD30, Vh13, Drum Tec pro pads, BFD3, Henry Hirsch, Peter Erskine, Evil Drums, Superior 3.0, Decades, Cubase 10, Reaper, Ludwig 67 Kit all sizes from 22, Ludwig Cob, 4*14, Slingerland 50s, Paiste Modern Ess, Zildjian Constantinople

Comment

Perhaps someone else (apart from me) who did not like the Signature Dark Crisp Hi-hats after they bought them I still have mine but don't use them.

It is strange as they sound good on the Paiste website sound samples and many endorsees seem to like them but I found them to be too light on the top cymbal.

http://www.paiste.com/e/cymbals.php?...ory&menuid=240
          TD-50 module, Jobeky Prestige Custom shells, SPD-SX, Nord Drum P3, SPD-30, Paiste Signature cymbals, DW 6000+9000 hardware, Lewitt LCT 140 cymbal mics, Allen & Heath ZED10 mixer, Fohhn Xperience III drum PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor, Porter & Davies Gigster tactile monitor drum throne

Comment

I also own (got it cheap for 250 Euro) a Paiste Stuart copeland hi-hat 12" (very very heavy)....very/very articulate and fast, not as high as you would expect a 12", you can forget it totally played open, bought it since I am a Police Fan, very special device, again....it also (typically Paiste) lacks brutally any china/washy/rough note (you can add this china texture with https://www.google.com/search?client...37934249450610 placed/touching the top cymbal).

This china note (typical strong hand hammered cymbal outcome) I get with my constantinople hybrid Hi-hat and 16" Paiste Traditional crash and 16" bottom 2002 combo incredible crash by the way....the paiste hi-hats (beside my 16 crash combo) are way too clean/boring for my taste....
            Last edited by Ribot; 06-27-20, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I've also got the Meinl 'ching-ring' add-on - really cuts through for certain songs
              TD-50 module, Jobeky Prestige Custom shells, SPD-SX, Nord Drum P3, SPD-30, Paiste Signature cymbals, DW 6000+9000 hardware, Lewitt LCT 140 cymbal mics, Allen & Heath ZED10 mixer, Fohhn Xperience III drum PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor, Porter & Davies Gigster tactile monitor drum throne

Comment

aha.. very tempting 260 euro for the paiste.. but again.. it's cheaper to pay 500 for a hihat you like a lot..
                than 260 for a hihat that's 'well ok' .. i go to purple chord shop soon, with all my cymbals, to try some hihats..
                you know.. when you put a thin splash (8") inside a hihat top ; ) that makes a top more complex too ..
                Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Originally posted by Ericdrumz View Post
                  when you put a thin splash (8") inside a hihat top ; )
                  Neat tip, thanks - I've never thought of that

Comment

Originally posted by Ericdrumz View Post
                    aha.. very tempting 260 euro for the paiste.. but again.. it's cheaper to pay 500 for a hihat you like a lot..
                    than 260 for a hihat that's 'well ok' .. i go to purple chord shop soon, with all my cymbals, to try some hihats..
                    you know.. when you put a thin splash (8") inside a hihat top ; ) that makes a top more complex too ..
                    Yes, you are after a very detailed and sensitive hi-hat, these Paiste certainly (seem to be) are....I also paid around 160 Euro more to get exaclty the Constantinople top in this particular shop, because it sounded the best IMHO, tried there also a lot of bottom cymbals, there were some used Const. ones online available way cheaper.

I also a always bring my own cymbals to compare to with me, otherwise it is too deceiving I cannot evaluate it.

I mainly bought the constantinople because these are my favorite sounding hi-hat samples inside Superior 3.0 Stock library and two other BFD 3 Packs (Platinum Rock legends)....they always sound right....do not like 90% of hi-hats in shops/sample packs at all.....
                    Last edited by Ribot; 06-27-20, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X