Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My latest set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest set up

My latest Tama Arstar vintage. Sounds better then 2 DW kits I have had. Also adding TM2 and 2x PD85's
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Nice kit. I have a vintage Yamaha 9000 from the early 80s. Those are big toms though!
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
      Nice kit. I have a vintage Yamaha 9000 from the early 80s. Those are big toms though!
      Yeah they sound deep which is why its punchier then my DW kits.
      Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

Power toms - The glory days of drumming. Being stuck in the 70's and 80's, I love retro kits.

Comment

Yep big toms, who said size did not matter. Back in the 70s, 80s, my toms were 13 x 8, 14 x 10 mounted and 16 x 16 floor. Roger Taylor likes um big

Comment

Very nice kit. Nicko loves the power tom too. And me too.

FD1C3DA4-91A6-477C-B677-813475230071.jpeg
            Last edited by Mylo; 02-02-21, 08:37 AM.
            PDP Concept Maple A2E; Bum Wraps; Pearl Crystal Beat Octobans; Jobeky AI triggers; drum-tec Real Feel & Ballistech 3.0 mesh heads; ATV cymbals; 2 Roland PDX-6; Gibralter hardware; Offset double pedal; DW Remote hi-hat stands; NUX NMP-2 Dual Footswitch; 2 eDRUMin10; Alesis Strike Amp 8; Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen; Intel NUC with Windows 10 Pro; SD3

Comment

Meant to say 13 x 10, 14 x 12 even better, then 14 x 14 and 16 x 16 floor.

Comment

cool.. with those deep toms, they usually go to 20" kick ..(or is it trick of the eye and 22 looks smaller$)
                had 24" kick in my twenties, same thing with the toms.. (it's 'getting used to', ofcourse..)
                Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Nice drum set! Nothing wrong with kits from the 80s and 90s. Here’s my Premier XPK from the 90s I refurbished. These shells are thick three ply: birch, eucalyptus, birch. 22” bass, 16” floor and 12” mounted tom. The snare is a vintage Chrome over Steel from that era.

1833DE26-1375-4EC1-BE2D-EA73429CF89E.jpeg
                  Last edited by OCG in Victoria; 02-03-21, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X