Best Mesh Heads for Acoustic Use Only

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Mesh Heads for Acoustic Use Only

Hello. I am looking for a mesh drum head for my acoustic set that will give the best acoustic performance. I am not using the heads for electronic set up. I live in a townhouse and have concrete wall between myself and my neighbor but the acoustic is a bit too loud so I am trying to lower the volume by purchasing mesh heads. I bought silent strokes but they do not give very accurate feedback and the tone is not great. Also they are not loud enough. The worst part is how bouncy the bass drum is, It is almost unusable. Any suggestions as far as one ply, two ply, three ply, or what brand? Thanks.

is it a double concrete wall ? you could try double ply mesh (drum-tec design) or 3 ply (louder, drum-tec real feel) then with normal bottom heads
    on toms, you'll still have some tone.. ..i'd try to stay below 60 dB .. cymbal/ hh pads? will be slightly louder than this.. another option could be
    black holes, but these are more expensive .. (but acoustics can stay un-altered) .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt-ygMn0Kec&t=2m40s

Comment

Originally posted by Ericdrumz View Post
      is it a double concrete wall ? you could try double ply mesh (drum-tec design) or 3 ply (louder, drum-tec real feel) then with normal bottom heads
      on toms, you'll still have some tone.. ..i'd try to stay below 60 dB .. cymbal/ hh pads? will be slightly louder than this.. another option could be
      black holes, but these are more expensive .. (but acoustics can stay un-altered) .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt-ygMn0Kec&t=2m40s
      I'm in a townhouse as well and besides the electronics I also have a kit with RTOM black holes and L80 cymbals. You still get the tone but at a much lower volume. Yes, they are expensive though but I think best in the long run. The only issue is the bass drum. I don't like the way the RTOM hooks to it, double pedal moved too much on me, and I didn't like the way the beater hit. I have a Billy Blast 3 ply for the electronics and just use that without a trigger for the black holes.. You can also stuff a bass drum with pillows and blankets and keep the mylar head.
      Yamaha DTX502 module, mapex piccolo snare, 10" and 12" vintage Tama Superstar toms, 16" no name blue sparkle floor tom (from my first kit in 1979 resurrected from the attic) Triggera Intriggs on snare and two mounted toms, Roland RT-10 on floor tom, two Kriggs, Yamaha RH135, pcy135, and pcy155

Comment

According to many Reviews the drumtec Pro Heads are incredibly realistic to Play, but have the disadvantages of being louder than other mesh heads (which you might want) and not be soooo good for Triggering, which is also ok in this case.

Comment

drum-tec real feel heads, the best ive had imo
          Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Working...
          X