X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prulg.com: is this a scam?

I just run over this site on a facebook adv:

http://www.prulg.com/index.php?main_...oducts_id=7002

Would love to buy a drum shell set that cost 1050eur for 105eur only, but...

Dis anybody used / heard about this site before? They sell musical instruments with up to 90% discount, which is very strange. I search for the owner of the prulg.com domain name, and its a person from China.

Any thoughts?
    Roland TD-25KV, Drum-tec 14" pro Snare Sapeli, 2xPDX-100, 1xPD-125BK, 1xCY-14C, 1xCY-13R, 1xCY15R, Tama Iron Cobra HP600D Pedal, Tama HH905N Hi-Hat Iron Cobra Lever

For sale AD2 with 4 ADpacks: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/mark...-drums-2-with-4-adpacks

Big time scam - TD-50K kit for $451
    Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

Totally real. Definitely. You should use http://wfstores.com/ 'cause they've got TD-50K for 109.99

#Darwinian.

*** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
      Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
        Totally real. Definitely. You should use http://wfstores.com/ 'cause they've got TD-50K for 109.99

#Darwinian.
        I would love this post if I could. You and I think alike. lol
        Alan
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

#Darwinian.
          E D, what's the catch?

Comment

#Darwinian.
            Funny thing is the Strike is $20 MORE...

Oh and don't forget the 10% off coupon code
            Last edited by molson; 07-20-18, 09:06 PM.
            Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

Originally posted by Six View Post
              E D, what's the catch?
              Surely, there's no catch. Especially as they let you pay with PayPal. (although as a special safety measure they ask you to enter all your credit card details on their site as well. I presume they want to check all your personal details thoroughly as they might not trust PayPal or something - having said that it seems you never get redirected to PayPal's site after you've uploaded a scan of the photo page of your passport... weird).

#FreeLunch
              Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post

Funny thing is the Strike is $20 MORE...
                Seems right. TD50 is a bit entry-level

Comment

Donít they sell pots of gold for a dollar a pound also?
                  Maybe land in Florida for 10 cents an acre?
                  "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

That depends on the part of Florida. In a few decades, even 10 cents an acre is going to be considered expensive when that "land" is mostly covered by sea.

OTOH, I do have some lovely ocean view* property in Arizona for sale, cheap.

*Disclaimer: the precise extent of ocean view will depend on the strength and quality of the telescope used and the altitude of the structure to which it is attached.

Comment

Thanks for all the answers. I am wondering how come these kind of sites exists, and why they are not banned somehow. The scammer is supposed to have a bank account and the authorization to process credit cards, so if you really buy from that site, you could fill a complain and initiate at your bank a charge back. If 2-3 people does the same, the scammers bank should close his account, right?
                      Roland TD-25KV, Drum-tec 14" pro Snare Sapeli, 2xPDX-100, 1xPD-125BK, 1xCY-14C, 1xCY-13R, 1xCY15R, Tama Iron Cobra HP600D Pedal, Tama HH905N Hi-Hat Iron Cobra Lever

For sale AD2 with 4 ADpacks: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/mark...-drums-2-with-4-adpacks

Comment

Most likely because they're hosted and located in countries that don't give a $#!+ about scams and theft on citizens of other countries.

Feel free to report them.

scammer_scum.PNG
                        Alan
                        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

I would rather have Russia messing with our elections then China messing with our credit cards!
                          "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Lol, I almost got suckered into a site just like this for cycling. Extreme clearance of last years products? SURE!!! No, they are phishing for your personal info.
                            Alesis Strike with DIY A to E Pearl snare, Alesis Surge (smart trigger) 16" ride (as a dual zone chokable crash), and an Alesis Surge 12" hihat as a single zone crash.

Comment

I remember shopping on eBay for drums years ago and adds like this would pop up then eBay would catch them and take them down.
                              Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Working...
                              X