Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Pharrell Williams song

You know the one,... Happy!

This is to a drumless backing track and is a more gospel or fusion arrangement of it. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by Merlin5; 02-19-18, 07:02 PM.

Thanks for posting that. VERY good drumming man. Love the crash on your left. Im looking for a new crash and that's the sound Im looking for. What is that?
    Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
    Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

Thanks Roving Drummer. That's an old 16" Istanbul Agop paper thin crash that I hadn't played for years but I really like it much more now!

https://s13.postimg.org/fafkhrrgn/20180220_172826.jpg
      https://s13.postimg.org/qzjk5usqv/20180220_172844.jpg

It's very light and thin, similar to Zildjians old paperthin range so look for a crash like that. I prefer this one to my Zildjian 16" thin crash. Other series to consider are the Sabian HHX Evolution crashes, very thin and fantastic sound.
      Last edited by Merlin5; 02-20-18, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Nice playing.

I love that tune, reminds me of Northen Soul. Where did you get the drum-less track?
        ATV aD5, 5-piece A2E Conversion, Roland and Yamaha cymbals, Goedrum GH6 hi hat, ProMark Shira Kashi sticks.

Comment

Thanks Tompy! I saw a youtube video of a drummer playing to it where he said that a friend had created the arrangement for him. I asked him if he wouldn't mind sending me the backing track which he did. Would you like to me to upload it for you?

Comment

Yes please mate.
            ATV aD5, 5-piece A2E Conversion, Roland and Yamaha cymbals, Goedrum GH6 hi hat, ProMark Shira Kashi sticks.

Comment

Here you go. Let me know if you're able to download it or not, I'm hoping I did the link correctly from my public dropbox folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bmukd0na7...s_m4a.wav?dl=0

Comment

Downloaded. Cheers!

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Nice drumming mate - thoroughly enjoyed that
                    TD9 v1 > Scarlett 2i4 > SD2 in Garageband / Scarlett 6i6 > SD2 in LogicX // Zendrum > Stompblock / Scarlett > SD2 // ATH-M30x / Yamaha DBR10 // Mapex Meridian 4-piece acoustic // self-compiled one-carry acoustic 3-piece kit (10” snare and tom in 14” bass drum) // Zildjian Ks, with a few As and Sabians

Comment

Awesome! Very nice cover arrangement, cool sound, cool drumming... Rock on!
                      A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW

Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers

Comment

Thanks guys, glad you liked it

Comment

Honestly clicked play not expecting much but wow - that was bad a$$!!
                          - ATV aD5 with PDX6/8 toms, PDX100 snare, CY6/FD8 hihat, CY8s/CY13r, and KD9

Comment

Without thinking, I was expecting "more cowbell"!
                            ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Love it....I enjoyed very much. You have great feel.

Comment

Working...
                              X